Page 1 of 1

how do you guys know what your breath smells like?

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:12 am
by cat
i've never smelled my breath! all i know is that i constantly have a bad taste in my mouth, and have deduced from that that it must stink.

but i see people on here saying that theirs is fecal, or sewer-like, or ammonia like, and that it gets worse depending on the foods that they eat.. so how do you know?

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:50 am
by elliott
There are times when my BB is at it's worse and I can smell a musty odour if I breath upwards toward my nostrils. But overall, I think we actually develop the ability over time to "sense" the smell without actually smelling it. I believe the brain can do that. I get sensations throughout the day, and I know that they are real because they coincide with how people react to me.

I sometimes have a weird feeling that my breath isn't that bad also (rarely). Those days, I have noticed people will stand a little bit closer when I talk. Humans develop senses in amazing ways. I believe I can now smell "internally" Like I can smell my lungs and gut by concentrating on breathing slowly with my mouth closed.

The one thing i don't believe is that we can differentiate the type of smell. I suspect mine is usually a sour, putrid, rotten odour... but I am not sure about that. I have smelled straight shit after eating anything dairy though. I can smell and sense the shit odour right after drinking milk, for example.

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:01 pm
by cat
my tongue TASTES like it should smell musty... but i really never smell it.

do you chew gum/eat mints througout the day? or do you just let it go natural after cleaning your teeth etc. in the morning?

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:41 pm
by bleh
n/a

BB Smell

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:28 am
by Humble
I have been able to tell because my BB may be dental-related. I run dental floss between my teeth and gums. I take a whiff of the dental floss. I have found that I have virtually no problems with most of my teeth. I only have problems with my Wisdom Teeth area. It has a fecal-like odor. I try to flush with a Waterpik, but within hours, the odor returns.

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:54 am
by thanatos
:-k

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:49 am
by unhappyindc
my ex told me mines smells like the dogs breathe and he also said it smells like shit too. so i can only assume it smells like poo. most people use the word shit when i'm around. i guess that's their way of telling me.

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:19 pm
by Busted
All I know that it's really bad. Sometimes I can smell it, but I have no idea how to desribe it like others here do on this forum.

All I want is it to be not bad.

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:58 am
by Hal_1t0515
I can smell mine occasionally when it mixes with some other people's breath. Not with most people though. I believe I caught my bb from my brother in law who had chronic bb. Now I can smell my own breath whenever I'm around him. I also smelled it once when it mixed with the scent of a new car tire at the car dealer. Strange how the sense of smell works.

Re: BB Smell

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:06 am
by Hal_1t0515
Humble wrote:I have been able to tell because my BB may be dental-related. I run dental floss between my teeth and gums. I take a whiff of the dental floss. I have found that I have virtually no problems with most of my teeth. I only have problems with my Wisdom Teeth area. It has a fecal-like odor. I try to flush with a Waterpik, but within hours, the odor returns.
I noticed the same smell from the back teeth. The waterpik is great for cleaning the gum line, but it's only temporary. I still had problems with bleeding sensitive gums. Now I'm trying brushing and gargling with essential oils (mixed with water) instead of toothpastes which contain detergent. Detergents strip the natural oils from the teeth and gums, allowing the bad bacteria to proliferate. I think the essential oils will help the gums heal and should reduce the bb as well.