Page 1 of 2
Will bb stop you having children?
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:07 pm
by Charley
just wondered. my answer is most definately yes.
my mother has bb and i've had it since age 12, i just couldnt bear to put another being through this life.
i think its selfish to put a child/adult through all that so have chosen not to have kids.
kindof resent her for having me, knowing there was the possibility her child could have it and be sentenced to life without real communication, a partner, love, affection or children.
i also fear old age when i'm in a home and people have to come near me to care for me, that actually they wont bother with that smelly old woman in the corner who doesnt speak to anyone (because of my bb).
i probably wont let it get to that stage, if i get to 80 and need homecare i'll take a few tablets and go peacefully in my sleep.

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:23 am
by Eric
I have been thinking about this lately too. I don't think I want to reproduce either, maybe adopt. I would not want anyone to suffer with this, especially my own kin.
Besides, just getting the physical part of the reproduction process completed is hard enough with this stupid BB
Interesting that your mother has it too. My mom told me that when she was my age she had really bad tonsil infections all the time that caused her to have horrible BB until they were removed. Thing is, mine never seem to get infected, inflamed, or even red, so I'm kind of confused. Possibly I just inherited having 'weak' tonsils susceptible to bacterial overgrowth.

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:42 am
by cat
no-one in my family has anything but the occasional food-related bad breath... so i'm not so sure if it's a genetics thing

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:19 pm
by latrice2828
No one in my family has BB at all.. Maybe just morning breath..

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:29 pm
by Charley
Eric wrote:Besides, just getting the physical part of the reproduction process completed is hard enough with this stupid BB

LOL, this is very true!
Eric wrote:Interesting that your mother has it too. My mom told me that when she was my age she had really bad tonsil infections all the time that caused her to have horrible BB until they were removed. Thing is, mine never seem to get infected, inflamed, or even red, so I'm kind of confused. Possibly I just inherited having 'weak' tonsils susceptible to bacterial overgrowth.

had my tonsils out when i was 21, because of bb so i know its not related to them. i can still remember coming out from the anesthetic thinking this is the start to a new life. but hey, it didnt work out.
Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:35 pm
by Eric
had my tonsils out when i was 21, because of bb so i know its not related to them. i can still remember coming out from the anesthetic thinking this is the start to a new life. but hey, it didnt work out.
Yes, I've come to accept the reality that the persistence of my BB is probably systemic and tonsillectomy might not do anything. But I'm definitely not giving up until I try everything.

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:05 pm
by engrhaider
I will definately have children. No one in my family have this problem even though they eat onion salad all the times. I don't think it is family related, however I am sure this problem is infectious, as I got this problem from one of my friends in uni. Honestly I used to curse the person, never knew next it will be my turn and for donkey years. I am sure I will be all right in near future. Hope all the way.
Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:46 pm
by Vivian
I never thought of it to that extreme!!!!! I definently want to be a mother some day.
I'll just have to find someone who'd be willing to get close enough to in-pregnate me....

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:30 pm
by thanatos
I can't imagine holding my kid and having him or her pinch his/her nose because daddy's breath stinks.
Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:51 pm
by Vivian
thanatos wrote:I can't imagine holding my kid and having him or her pinch his/her nose because daddy's breath stinks.
Yes, but look at it this way, they can be your own personal halimeter.

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:04 pm
by spygirl
Come to think of it. Our problem should be finding someone appropriate to produce children with and lucky for me bb came post-marriage, if not just 'finding someone' will be tough enough.
I have 2 girls. I recall having a fit some mornings when I smell my 8 year old's mouth before she leaves for school, smelled like rotten eggs. Just to think of my child having to suffer as I do made me feel really mad. Lucky for us, her breath became normal after I eliminated milk and cereal in the morning.
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:36 pm
by sadgirlbb
I wonder if for some of us its genetic?? Growing up I remember my dad had the worst breath ever . He still does..... but his wife doesn't seem to mind.
I was horrified in middle school when I realized I had the same problem. I couldn't talk to anyone about it, so I wrote my mom a letter about it. When I brought it to her to read I was crying.... and ran away after I gave it to her. She felt bad for me, but just gave me the usual advice.... better hygeine practices.
I have two kids.... I was so afraid they would inherit the problem. But THANK GOD they have not. This is such a terrible and EMBARRASSING thing to have to live with. I absolutey cannot bring myself to talk to anyone about it.
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:02 pm
by thanatos
sadgirlbb wrote:I was horrified in middle school when I realized I had the same problem. I couldn't talk to anyone about it, so I wrote my mom a letter about it. When I brought it to her to read I was crying.... and ran away after I gave it to her. She felt bad for me, but just gave me the usual advice.... better hygeine practices.
harsh
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:58 pm
by hand over mouth
I don't want kids, but it's not BB related, I just don't like kids. Plus I don't want to get fat. Having BB is bad enough.
Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:36 am
by bleh
n/a