Page 1 of 1

Wikipedia Problems

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:41 am
by carlos_bigsby
I am unable to link the site to wikipedia anymore. I've been adding the link to this site because somone was taking it down. Well, I got a message from someone at Wikipedia that said that this site can not be up there because of advertising. This is a shame because this site is the best place for those of us to support each other and learn what has or has not helped in our fight. I am banned from ediitng in Wikipedia. I suppose people in need will have to find this site in other ways.

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:12 pm
by lastone69
sometimes when im googling for certain info. this website will be listed.

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:04 pm
by Jimi Stein
Well wikipedia lists only sites that are approved by GOD :roll:

They think our site is not important enoughm, but I am telling you it is the most important site about bad breath because it tells the truth.

They only allow governemnt sites etc.

So post the new link whenever you can. Even if you got an email, what can they do btw, arrest you?

But thank you for posting a link. Everybody who is here please post links anywhere and anytime - more links more traffic and more people.

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:55 pm
by Larc400
Is it because of the ads on this site, or what..? I've seen they sometimes link to 'communities'. I agree this is the most important bb site there is, so it should defo be on Wiki. May prevent a few suicides etc. :roll:

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:44 pm
by carlos_bigsby
Im banned from posting on Wikipedia. Ive added the link at least 25 times and they just sent me an email saying thye have tracked my IP address and I cant edit anymore. I encourage all of you to go there and post the link. Maybe we need to post it less frequently so the person checking devotes less time to observing it. I do agree that this is the most important BB site out there

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:32 pm
by OneDay111
This is such a great site it has to be on wikipedia. I dont no were i'll be if it wernt for you guys :D

I love you alll.

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:51 pm
by Jimi Stein
but how did they send you email, i mean how did they find out your email, that is strange.

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:20 pm
by carlos_bigsby
This site should be on Wikipedia. Its the best, a place to exchange ideas, research, and support each other. Jimi, they didn't email me. When I try to add something to the page or make changes, a message on top of the page gives my IP address and says I can not make changes.

This is why we need everyone else to occasionally pop on the Wikipedia site and add it if its not there.

People searchign for info on halitosis need to see this forum. Ive been labeling the forum "Halitosis Sufferers Forum" in the external links.

Fight the Power.

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:09 pm
by hand over mouth
Jimi wrote:
But thank you for posting a link. Everybody who is here please post links anywhere and anytime - more links more traffic and more people.
True, but with more people and traffic, more spammers will come. I guess we have to call them out as they come.

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:48 pm
by Jimi Stein
Spammers will come either by organic search or from Wikipedia so that is not an issue at all.

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:26 am
by Eric
I believe I found this site because of Wiki so I will definitely do my part to attach the link. Jimi, you should write them an e-mail explaining that people that are suffering really do get emotional support and advice when they visit this forum.

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 am
by Jimi Stein
They don't listen, they are stubborn, they only link to gov and edu link usually. And thank you for kind words.