Page 1 of 1

NEW TO THIS FORUM

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:43 pm
by halihope
hello everyone! I am new to this forum but been checking it in the past on and off due to lack of computer but now I have my own. I been suffering from halitosis since I lost my transplanted kidney. I was on dialysis for 6 years and in Sept. 05 recieved my 2nd cadaver's kidney and doing ok. I believed that my bb would disappear once I got the kidney but did not. my dentist says it is not a dental problem and last time he even said he did not smelled anything and his assistant confirmed it, yet she did a bad job cleaning my teeth. my primary doctor said she did not smelled anything yet the first time I saw her she made me understood she could smell my bb. I just saw my ent and he had a student with him and said my scan test showed no post nasal drip anymore and I went ahead and asked both to be honest with me and tell me if my breath smelled and both said no but yet the student had to turn to the side and take fresh air in. I really hate it that they think is better to lie than to be true. I tried adding a bit of vinegar to my water and drink it after each meal but it irritated my gums and bled a bit. I am thinking of asking for my resent dental x-rays and going to another dentist for a second opinion but will not reveal my health history. In the past I went to 3 different dentists and put down all the meds. I am on and they all said my teeth are fine and just gave me a regular cleaning all in about 3 months so i had super clean teeth at that time! I suspect my dentist does not want to tell me the truth because he does not want to deal with me. I have kidney transplant and have to take meds to lower immune, I have leukemia and take meds. so I am a difficult case. Anyhow. What I really would like to see here is a list of foods and drinks that should be avoided at all times. I really enjoy coffee and love cheese and sour cream and also hot sauce. Thanks for being patient reading the above, God bless

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:42 pm
by perrymason
well, doctor's won't just lie to you in your face

i'm pretty sure you don't have bad breath if it has been confirmed by many different doctors/ ENTS / dentists

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:33 am
by halihope
pervy19
I wish it was true about me not having bb but when mom visits she can not hide it and ends up covering her nose when I sit across from her and when I am in the kitchen and her at the dinning table she never covers her nose. I have asked her and of course she says she does not smell anything, mom doesn't want to hurt my feelings. My dad hardly visits and when he does he makes a pew face and as soon as he has a chance walks away. At the grocery store when I speak to my husband the cashiers stare and have a look on their faces of disbelief, (if you have bb you know that type of look) I hardly visit family and the last time I did I said hello to a family member and he sure made a pew face. My siblings try to be polite and just ask a few questions or keep talking so that I don't talk but do not carry on a conversation with me. My nephrologist is very nice but he keeps scratching his nose. One of my brothers keeps a distance when he visits which is rarely. When I ran into friends they cough, touch their noses, scratch and basically they are always in a hurry and say they will visit so we can chat more calmly, they don't visit. So yes I do have bad bb and doctors do lie when the problem is non serious. What puzzles me is that my husband claims he doesn't smell anything unless it is morning breath.

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:45 am
by Busted
Doctors do lie in your face when they say you don't have bb. Especially in clinics.

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:56 am
by Larc400
I bet $200 you don't have chronic bb. Take my advice and get on with your life. :arrow:

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:17 pm
by OneDay111
They Lie cuase they dont have a clue why?

They also cant stand it probably...

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:37 am
by Busted
Unfortenately you get on with your life if you have CH or not. I certainly would like to pause my life for the rest of my life.