Page 1 of 1

Biologists flush out bad breath bug

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:20 pm
by tamacun
I saw this article the other day(4-8-2008).What do you think guys,Will be our cure?,Who know.regards.
Biologists say they've identified the bacteria responsible for most cases of bad breath - Solobacterium moorei, which uses the tongue as a base on which to brew its halitosis-provoking fatty acids and malodorous compounds.

Two studies helped researchers confirm the findings, Reuters reports. One by the Buffalo School of Dental Medicine probed 21 people with chronic bad breath and 36 without and found S. moorei "in every patient that had halitosis".

S. moorei was found in four of the comparison group, and while they were not yet polluting the air with foul emissions, "all had periodontitis, an infection of the gums that can also lead to chronically bad breath".

A previous study of of eight subjects with halitosis and five without showed S. moorei was "always found in patients with halitosis and never in patients who did not have this problem".

Dr Violet I Haraszthy, who participated in both studies, confirmed to Reuters: "A number of other studies have also found this bacterium in halitosis patients."

Haraszthy admitted that "not much is known about this particular organism", although Buffalo School of Dental Medicine student Betsy Clark concluded: "As we identify and find out more about the bacteria that cause bad breath, we can develop treatments to reduce their numbers in the mouth."

The biologists presented their findings to Saturday's annual meeting of the American Association for Dental Research in Dallas. ®

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:39 pm
by OneDay111
Great News. How are you ment to kill it?

I searched on google . NO INFO.

On wikipedia it said just this!



Solobacterium moorei is a bacterium that has been identified as a contributor to halitosis. It is a gram-positive anaerobic bacillus.

The genus Solobacterium is in the family Erysipelotrichaceae of the order Anaeroplasmatales.

Absoulety NOTHING. A good find. Such a rare thing....

This is great news it could be happy days soon :)

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:06 pm
by snoopsister
=D> YAy! this is great news for us! even though vitamin c and tung brush is working wonders for me, I want all of us to find relief. Please don't harp on the negative like some people on this forum who believe there will never be a cure. I have no doubt there will be a cure and very soon too!!!

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:58 pm
by emotional rescue
Hi snoop,

How much vit c are you taking per day actually???


thanks

take care

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:06 am
by Jimi Stein
THis is the researcher Haraszthy phone number from Buffalo university.

VIOLET I. HARASZTHY

+17168293940

She is away this week, but I left her a voice mail, hopefully she will take us seriously and respond back.

I want to do an interview with her asap.

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:01 am
by Eric
Oh man that would be awesome to see what details she could give us about that study, for example, how they got their participants and what they deemed to be 'halitosis".

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:38 pm
by snoopsister
Hey Emotinal,

I have cut back on my vit.c dosage actually. I take about 2500 mg about 6-8 tablets with alot of water. I still get morning breath(who doesn't) but my breath is way better now than a year ago. I am very optimistic about these findings and we all should be :mrgreen:

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:13 am
by Jimi Stein
do you get and side effects on teeth, because vit c is very acidic

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:59 am
by perrymason
Jimi, i've been wondering but what are your symptoms exactly? Like besides BB...tonsils? PND? stomach maybe?

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:33 am
by Jimi Stein
Yes I think loose stomach, pnd probably, chest pains.....

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:20 pm
by snoopsister
hey jimi,

The only sometime side effect from vitamin c is heart burn, but other than that nothing. I am very pleased to hear you more positive. You will be cured dude just believe it. If they are doing research that tells me it is a priority to cure us. Hell, they have to smell us too you know! lol

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:48 pm
by Jimi Stein
If schwarzenneger son would have CH we would probably have a good cure right now, so hopefully some celebrity kids are gonna get it

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:52 pm
by OneDay111
Jimi wrote:If schwarzenneger son would have CH we would probably have a good cure right now, so hopefully some celebrity kids are gonna get it
=D> =D> =D> :o :o :D :D

Too Funny but Too True.