Page 1 of 1

Do colored drinks turn you tongue very colored?

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:11 am
by Eric
I drank an orange Gatorade today and noticed that it turned my entire tongue bright orange and that for the next few hours as it wore off I could still spit up a lot of orange color. This gave me insight as to how bacteria filled my tongue actually is. I think the orange areas represented where there was bacterial overgrowth, typically white but it got dyed. I remember when I used to drink these types of things they would only turn the back part of my tongue a color and it wouldn't last very long. There are just too many damn bacteria, I think.

Re: Do colored drinks turn you tongue very colored?

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:59 pm
by OneDay111
Eric wrote:I drank an orange Gatorade today and noticed that it turned my entire tongue bright orange and that for the next few hours as it wore off I could still spit up a lot of orange color. This gave me insight as to how bacteria filled my tongue actually is. I think the orange areas represented where there was bacterial overgrowth, typically white but it got dyed. I remember when I used to drink these types of things they would only turn the back part of my tongue a color and it wouldn't last very long. There are just too many damn bacteria, I think.
Agreed.

Milk makes my tongue Gooo whiiiiteeee.

:P but nothing else .

Re: Do colored drinks turn you tongue very colored?

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:36 am
by mike987
Eric wrote:I drank an orange Gatorade today and noticed that it turned my entire tongue bright orange and that for the next few hours as it wore off I could still spit up a lot of orange color. This gave me insight as to how bacteria filled my tongue actually is. I think the orange areas represented where there was bacterial overgrowth, typically white but it got dyed. I remember when I used to drink these types of things they would only turn the back part of my tongue a color and it wouldn't last very long. There are just too many damn bacteria, I think.

That sort of makes sense, though more basically, I think the color stays there longer because those areas have lots of taste buds, or the tongue hairs are denser or go deeper in those spots. When you were younger, your tongue was smoother, so maybe that's why you remember it not being as prevalent as it is now.

Though those areas are also more prone to bacteria overgrowth, so what you're saying is true too.


My tongue is pretty hairy, so this happens to me to when I eat something colored.



I'm tellin' ya, to those who haven't used the tongue brush, be prepared to see your tongue like you've never seen it before :) It really get's into those hairs!

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:41 am
by Busted
The color of the tongue changes with normal people who don't suffer from bb too. You have those kinds of candy that turn your tongue turqoise. Have you noticed that even if your tongue i fully red, you still have bb? :?

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:26 pm
by Eric
Yeah BB is just about the only constant in my life :P