THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

This is probably a stupid question.. but I'll ask anyway.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
User avatar
mike987
Super Angel
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:47 am
Location: US

This is probably a stupid question.. but I'll ask anyway.

Post by mike987 »

One theory about our BB is that it's a metabolic disorder. That it exists within our blood and body more or less constantly.


I have plenty of doubts about what I'm going to ask you, but I'm bored right now, and don't completely understand it in my case, so I'll ask anyway :p



Find an area on your body that has some dry skin.. Probably your arm may be the most effective.. And give it a good scratch... Scratch it until it's very dry and maybe bleeding a little. Now smell it. Does it have a scent?

I used to wash dishes at my job, and my arms would always have a rash all over them that persisted because of it.. While I tried not to, sometimes I would just get irritated and scratch away.. And when I would it would have this really odd smell. It was almost like some kind of plant oil smell. This rash wasn't poison ivy or anything like that, though..

My arms have cleared up after getting off dish, but I swear I can still smell it I'm ever scratching away.


Hehe, I realize this sounds stupid, and there's no point in scratching up your arm if you don't have to.. Maybe remember this next time you you have a rash or some very dry skin.

I suppose what I'm suggesting is that what you're smelling is in your body's oils or blood, which of course goes all through you. Maybe this scent of blood (assuming it's related to chronic BB) is a sign that the source of our BB goes well beyond the oral cavity.



Nothing to deeply consider, mind you, just a thought I wanted to share.
Take it however you like :P
User avatar
OneDay111
Sheriff
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by OneDay111 »

I have eczma on my arm.

I dont want to scratch it yet.

Remind me some other time

It may hurt :P
One Day One Day....
halihope
Master
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by halihope »

I kind of wonder about bb due to something not right in the blood or organs. When I was on hemodialysis (machine cleans impurities in the blood when kidneys are not working) I would sweat out urine and taste metal in my mouth. Also sometimes would get a smell of my bb and it smelled like ammonia.
Eric
Advanced
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:39 am

Post by Eric »

Also sometimes would get a smell of my bb and it smelled like ammonia.
I've had weird ammonia breath on occasion as well.

And to the topic creator, I posted a while back about how I can smell the scent of food I have consumed coming through the pores on the back of my hands near my wrist. I think there is something to the metabolic theory, like possibly our bodies aren't breaking food down quite right...
sadgirlbb
Advanced
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:21 am

Post by sadgirlbb »

And just try to eat some onions or garlic and see how you reek... skin and ALL. I avoid garlic at all costs. EVERYTHING affects my breath and skin odor.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗