THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Do colored drinks turn you tongue very colored?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Eric
Advanced
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:39 am

Do colored drinks turn you tongue very colored?

Post by Eric »

I drank an orange Gatorade today and noticed that it turned my entire tongue bright orange and that for the next few hours as it wore off I could still spit up a lot of orange color. This gave me insight as to how bacteria filled my tongue actually is. I think the orange areas represented where there was bacterial overgrowth, typically white but it got dyed. I remember when I used to drink these types of things they would only turn the back part of my tongue a color and it wouldn't last very long. There are just too many damn bacteria, I think.
User avatar
OneDay111
Sheriff
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Re: Do colored drinks turn you tongue very colored?

Post by OneDay111 »

Eric wrote:I drank an orange Gatorade today and noticed that it turned my entire tongue bright orange and that for the next few hours as it wore off I could still spit up a lot of orange color. This gave me insight as to how bacteria filled my tongue actually is. I think the orange areas represented where there was bacterial overgrowth, typically white but it got dyed. I remember when I used to drink these types of things they would only turn the back part of my tongue a color and it wouldn't last very long. There are just too many damn bacteria, I think.
Agreed.

Milk makes my tongue Gooo whiiiiteeee.

:P but nothing else .
One Day One Day....
User avatar
mike987
Super Angel
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:47 am
Location: US

Re: Do colored drinks turn you tongue very colored?

Post by mike987 »

Eric wrote:I drank an orange Gatorade today and noticed that it turned my entire tongue bright orange and that for the next few hours as it wore off I could still spit up a lot of orange color. This gave me insight as to how bacteria filled my tongue actually is. I think the orange areas represented where there was bacterial overgrowth, typically white but it got dyed. I remember when I used to drink these types of things they would only turn the back part of my tongue a color and it wouldn't last very long. There are just too many damn bacteria, I think.

That sort of makes sense, though more basically, I think the color stays there longer because those areas have lots of taste buds, or the tongue hairs are denser or go deeper in those spots. When you were younger, your tongue was smoother, so maybe that's why you remember it not being as prevalent as it is now.

Though those areas are also more prone to bacteria overgrowth, so what you're saying is true too.


My tongue is pretty hairy, so this happens to me to when I eat something colored.



I'm tellin' ya, to those who haven't used the tongue brush, be prepared to see your tongue like you've never seen it before :) It really get's into those hairs!
Busted
God
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Busted »

The color of the tongue changes with normal people who don't suffer from bb too. You have those kinds of candy that turn your tongue turqoise. Have you noticed that even if your tongue i fully red, you still have bb? :?
Eric
Advanced
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:39 am

Post by Eric »

Yeah BB is just about the only constant in my life :P
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗