my home my safe haven
Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:24 pm
this forum really helps get feelings out of chest. I don't have bb coming out of nose or body odor but it doesn't mean I don't suffer the same stress and fear of people smelling my bb and just keeping my mouth close most of the time. At church I don't participate verbally, when asked to participate in groups I point to my throat and say it is irritated, when greeting people I just smile and motion with my head, when my hubby is with me I talk low so not to attract attention. When I run into old friends I say I am in a hurry and leave as soon as possible, when ordering at a restaurant I speak while looking at the menu with head tilted down and when need to ask a question I do from a distance while pretending to look at something. I have told my family and closets friends about my bb and that is not dental related and that I am trying to find out what ailment is causing it., this has reduced the stress a bit. At home I am me, talkative, joking (love to make my hubby laugh) I sing and dance and totally relaxed. By the way my hubby, and sons don't smell my bb at all and I do talk to them face to face for long periods and I have asked them too and they say no smell.