Page 1 of 1
Endoscopic exam
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:07 pm
by chomp
I had an edoscopic exam done couple of days back and from the biopsy results I found out today that I have stomach inflammation. This causes halitosis. Next week I am scheduled for an Xray to check for other problems. For the inflammation I have got a prescription for Nexium.
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:48 pm
by Snobuni
Hi Chomp,
What were your stomach symtoms apart from halitosis? What is the prescription that they've given you? Did they explain how an inflammed stomach lining would give you bb, and how the medication would help it?
Do you think this is the cause of your bb? How long have you suffered with bb and how long have you had stomach complaints? I have alot of stomach problems, always bloated, constipated, etc. I've never gone to my doctor about it effecting my breath though.
Sorry about all the questions!!
I hope this is the answer for you, good luck!

Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:48 pm
by chomp
Hi Sno, besides halitosis I have IBS, acid reflux, constipation and I am bloated all the time except when I wake up in the morning. They have asked me to take Nexium. The doc who did the procedure is our friend. So, he is going to investigate till he finds what is causing the gastritis. Right now he thinks it is the acid reflux and also he thinks there is food backing up into my esophagus. He is also looking for the slow emptying of gastric contents. He has scheduled me for a Xray this week. If it is slow then he will put me on Reglan. Another cause he is looking into is the absorption of b12 I think. I am anemic all the time and it could be from this b12 problem which is also due to gastritis.
Since the biopsy results came I have not talked to him because he was going out of town. I've had the stomach related problems as well as halitosis for the past 15 years or so. When I was a teenager I used to wake up in the night and keep throwing up. This would happen like at least 2 times in a week. I'll keep you posted.
HTH