THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Solobacterium Moorei - Cetylpyridinium Chloride
-
Hal_1t0515
- Newbie
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:03 am
Solobacterium Moorei - Cetylpyridinium Chloride
Hey all, I've been lurking here awhile. After I read about the study linking bad breath to the Solobacterium Moorei bacteria, I googled it and found this post at curezone.com:
http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1164484#i
The study said that one of the chemicals that was effective against S. Moorei is Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
The poster said that one of the few rinses sold in the US with cetylpyridinium chloride is "Orajel Anti-Bacterial Bleeding Gum Rinse" (great name). I bought a bottle at Walgreens. I'm going to try it. I've been using a chlorine dioxide product called DioxiRinse which doesn't seem to work for very long, even though it produces a lot of chlorine dixoide. Hopefully this new stuff isn't too toxic. Apparently it can stain the teeth like chlorhexidine gluconate.
http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1164484#i
The study said that one of the chemicals that was effective against S. Moorei is Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
The poster said that one of the few rinses sold in the US with cetylpyridinium chloride is "Orajel Anti-Bacterial Bleeding Gum Rinse" (great name). I bought a bottle at Walgreens. I'm going to try it. I've been using a chlorine dioxide product called DioxiRinse which doesn't seem to work for very long, even though it produces a lot of chlorine dixoide. Hopefully this new stuff isn't too toxic. Apparently it can stain the teeth like chlorhexidine gluconate.
Yeah, Zinc has a funny effect on our sense of taste. Used to happen when I sucked on zinc lozenges.thanatos wrote:The study says both chlorhexidine and CPC works the best. I've been using Crest Pro-Health Night Time Rinse mouthwash which contains no alcohol, but has zinc lactate and CPC. For some reason it makes my mouth taste bad in the morning when I drink water. I think this is because of the zinc.
-
Hal_1t0515
- Newbie
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:03 am
This morning my breath was worse than ever. Not sure if the CPC dislodged a tonsillith or what, but it sure didn't cover it up the smell.
I was at the car dealer for an oil change. Every time I walked near a new tire on the rack, I could smell my own breath. My breath mixed with the tire smell allowed me to smell it. Weird.
I think I'll keep using the Orajel at night and the DioxiRinse in the morning. It seems to neutralize the odor better and has no alcohol. Has anyone else here used DioxiRinse? You get a consistent amount of chlorine dioxide because you mix two ingredients together every time you use it.
I was at the car dealer for an oil change. Every time I walked near a new tire on the rack, I could smell my own breath. My breath mixed with the tire smell allowed me to smell it. Weird.
I think I'll keep using the Orajel at night and the DioxiRinse in the morning. It seems to neutralize the odor better and has no alcohol. Has anyone else here used DioxiRinse? You get a consistent amount of chlorine dioxide because you mix two ingredients together every time you use it.
-
perrymason
- Advanced
- Posts: 134
- Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 am
Halitosis (i don't want to spell it with the 5's and 1's),
Eat yogurt! Activia yogurt is what I eat and I believe if you eat yogurt with the rinses you are doing, your morning breath with gradually disappear like mines but the underlying BB will remain. The normal BB you have will be reduced!
Before you sleep, just do your normal rinsing but eat some yogurt :] (4-6 oz)
Well, the possible reason for your breath being worse this morning could have to do with the rinse drying your mouth out. Just hope you get helped mangggg
Yogurt enhances the effect 
Eat yogurt! Activia yogurt is what I eat and I believe if you eat yogurt with the rinses you are doing, your morning breath with gradually disappear like mines but the underlying BB will remain. The normal BB you have will be reduced!
Before you sleep, just do your normal rinsing but eat some yogurt :] (4-6 oz)
Well, the possible reason for your breath being worse this morning could have to do with the rinse drying your mouth out. Just hope you get helped mangggg
-
emotional rescue
- Sheriff
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am
yogurth before or after the rinse?pervy19 wrote:Halitosis (i don't want to spell it with the 5's and 1's),
Eat yogurt! Activia yogurt is what I eat and I believe if you eat yogurt with the rinses you are doing, your morning breath with gradually disappear like mines but the underlying BB will remain. The normal BB you have will be reduced!
Before you sleep, just do your normal rinsing but eat some yogurt :] (4-6 oz)
Well, the possible reason for your breath being worse this morning could have to do with the rinse drying your mouth out. Just hope you get helped manggggYogurt enhances the effect
Has anyone tried BreathRx, the toothpaste has SLS in so, I won't be trying that, but the rinse has CPC and zinc in. Does zinc not really help, I've read other people saying it effected their taste? Does it have any positive effects on bb?
Also, is the Dioxirinse better than Katz's Oxigen serum, I've been using dioxirinse for a while but it doesn't seem to do much and leaves a bad taste/smell, but I recently found mixing it with orange juice makes it work better, but I don't think the sugar in the juice is good for bb. Anyone tried mixing chlorine dioxide with hydrogen peroxide (cos it's an acid)?
We're putting so many different chemicals into our mouths, sometimes it worries me, but to be honest, if it worked I try anything...
Also, is the Dioxirinse better than Katz's Oxigen serum, I've been using dioxirinse for a while but it doesn't seem to do much and leaves a bad taste/smell, but I recently found mixing it with orange juice makes it work better, but I don't think the sugar in the juice is good for bb. Anyone tried mixing chlorine dioxide with hydrogen peroxide (cos it's an acid)?
We're putting so many different chemicals into our mouths, sometimes it worries me, but to be honest, if it worked I try anything...
Zinc works as a quick fix, I think it binds to the smelly volatile sulphur compunds.
I've heard that zinc dries out the mouth if used regularly though, but I'm not sure. That's what my dentist said, but people on here have been fine using zinc mouthwashes etc.
It does affect the taste, but it's only temporary too.
I've heard that zinc dries out the mouth if used regularly though, but I'm not sure. That's what my dentist said, but people on here have been fine using zinc mouthwashes etc.
It does affect the taste, but it's only temporary too.
-
emotional rescue
- Sheriff
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am
I´m using the Tung brush gel and i think it´s ok, it doesn´t make may mouth dryLarc400 wrote:Zinc works as a quick fix, I think it binds to the smelly volatile sulphur compunds.
I've heard that zinc dries out the mouth if used regularly though, but I'm not sure. That's what my dentist said, but people on here have been fine using zinc mouthwashes etc.
It does affect the taste, but it's only temporary too.
-
Hal_1t0515
- Newbie
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:03 am
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.