Gum disease:
I don't see it mentioned on here a lot as a factor, but I'll tell my story here.
I recently discovered that I had gum disease and my dentist suggested deep cleaning. Wow it actually worked better than I thought. I don't have the fecal smell in my saliva anymore and my gum doesn't bleed so easily when I floss nor is there an awful smell in the usual places that I used to floss. It's only a few days since and I felt the bad odor that I usually get is gone. However, a strange odor is now present that doesn't stink to me, but seem to be offensive to others.
The question is what? I know that the bacteria associated with gum disease are in between my teeth and produce acid which may be what I normally smell, but why is there still a smell that I can't detect? my tongue still turns white and all. Also, have everyone here made sure that they do not have gum disease whatsoever? Thanks for answering my questions.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Does eliminating gum disease helped anyone?
I, for one, am sure that I don't have any gum disease. I've been to many dentists, periodontist, breath specialists and they all say that I have no pockets, or any other gum disease. They even say that my mouth in general is very healthy and that I do a good job taking care of it.
Also I believe that eventhough you don't have the fecal taste in your mouth your breath may still be offensive to people. It may not be as bad as when you have the fecal taste, but still offensive.
Also I believe that eventhough you don't have the fecal taste in your mouth your breath may still be offensive to people. It may not be as bad as when you have the fecal taste, but still offensive.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.