Page 1 of 1

how much gum do you chew?

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:38 pm
by cat
i go through about a multipack a week. i have no idea if it helps with the smell at all, but at least it stops the bad taste in my mouth (!!!!) \:D/

Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:04 am
by daveparker
I chew like a 14-piece pack a day. I order it in bulk from ebay, so I don't have to run to the store every other day.

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:29 pm
by Charley
i've chewed through 3 packs of 15 peices a day, minimum since i was in school.

last year my jaw started to ache so badly i woke in the night with the pain, i tried to ease off the gum.

then a work colleague told me i smelt of a mixture of toilets and mint.

the gum seems to make my tongue and bb worse, so have weaned myself off it. if nothing else the jaw pain has subsided, it wasnt helping the smell and i need this jaw for another 40 years!

Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:29 am
by mike987
I don't chew gum.

Sure, it might work for the first minute of chewing, but once my saliva glands stop caring, the gum quickly dries out my mouth and makes my breath worse.

It's better to carry a water bottle with you and just keep your mouth wet constantly.

Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:47 am
by thanatos
:-k

Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:16 am
by lady_bird
I'm also a constant gum chewer, not so much when at home as i don't have to worry so much. I'm always chewing at work as i work with the public but i know it doesnt help, just makes me feel that little bit protected.
Mint flavour goes within 10 mins or so...then it tastes horrible and i want to spit it out and put fresh one in.
x

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:14 am
by vee
i chew a lot of gum. i chew about 10 pieces a day maybe more.