This website has been so helpful
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:26 am
-Be forwarned. This is a long post.-
Newbie to this board but not BB. I just found this board about 3 weeks ago, and been lurking here since. This board has been a wealth of information, so thank you all. I now understand so much more about BB.
I do not post on message boards much, but feel compelled to post here. I've been a BB sufferer ever since I was in elementary school when kids were commenting on my breath. I'm 34 yrs old now, and I think it's gotten worse. A safe distance for me would be 5 ft away from whomever I'm talking to. Even today when a coworker was forced to be in my cubicle backed up and ended the conversation abruptly when I opened my mouth. This made me feel horrible inside.
I used to be so proud and confident when I was younger, and did not really care when people made comments about my breath. But ever since about 8-10 years ago, it starts to take a toll. My confidence and self esteem plummeted. I'm so anti-social now. BB was one of the reason I was so depressed before. I think I'm still mildly depressed. I'm so ashamed about these conditions that I do not talk about it to anyone.
I used to do the lick test, and it would smell so horrible back 6 yrs ago. I've done so much to improve my oral hygiene, I can't even smell anything from the lick test anymore. Either that, or I smell it so many times that I cannot smell it anymore. I know my BB still persist, and worse than ever. Even when I use a q-tip to rub against the back of my throat and tonsils, I have to bring it right next to my nose for me to smell it.
I tried numerous products, Tri-Oral, Smartmouth, Therabreath, etc, and none of them works. I've even spent $600 to visit Dr. Dailey (horrible experience that I'll tell more about in another post if interested). Lately I've been using the Tung Brush (thanks to this site) and my tongue is so much pinker. However, it did not eliminate my BB. So now, I think my BB originates from my Tonsils. I never knew there were such things as Tonsils stones before reading this board. I looked at my throat and see white things on my Tonsils. And now to think about it, I may have coughed off a stone or 2 in the past.
I'm planning to see my doctor for a check up, and hopefully be referred to an ENT about the Tonsil Stones. I also constantly have to clear my throat as if something is stuck there. It's hard to pronounce words when that happens. I hope to have my Tonsils removed. Hopefully this will end the BB problem that's been with me for 20 some odd years.
-Still in search of a cure. Thanks taking the time to read thru all this rambling.
Newbie to this board but not BB. I just found this board about 3 weeks ago, and been lurking here since. This board has been a wealth of information, so thank you all. I now understand so much more about BB.
I do not post on message boards much, but feel compelled to post here. I've been a BB sufferer ever since I was in elementary school when kids were commenting on my breath. I'm 34 yrs old now, and I think it's gotten worse. A safe distance for me would be 5 ft away from whomever I'm talking to. Even today when a coworker was forced to be in my cubicle backed up and ended the conversation abruptly when I opened my mouth. This made me feel horrible inside.
I used to be so proud and confident when I was younger, and did not really care when people made comments about my breath. But ever since about 8-10 years ago, it starts to take a toll. My confidence and self esteem plummeted. I'm so anti-social now. BB was one of the reason I was so depressed before. I think I'm still mildly depressed. I'm so ashamed about these conditions that I do not talk about it to anyone.
I used to do the lick test, and it would smell so horrible back 6 yrs ago. I've done so much to improve my oral hygiene, I can't even smell anything from the lick test anymore. Either that, or I smell it so many times that I cannot smell it anymore. I know my BB still persist, and worse than ever. Even when I use a q-tip to rub against the back of my throat and tonsils, I have to bring it right next to my nose for me to smell it.
I tried numerous products, Tri-Oral, Smartmouth, Therabreath, etc, and none of them works. I've even spent $600 to visit Dr. Dailey (horrible experience that I'll tell more about in another post if interested). Lately I've been using the Tung Brush (thanks to this site) and my tongue is so much pinker. However, it did not eliminate my BB. So now, I think my BB originates from my Tonsils. I never knew there were such things as Tonsils stones before reading this board. I looked at my throat and see white things on my Tonsils. And now to think about it, I may have coughed off a stone or 2 in the past.
I'm planning to see my doctor for a check up, and hopefully be referred to an ENT about the Tonsil Stones. I also constantly have to clear my throat as if something is stuck there. It's hard to pronounce words when that happens. I hope to have my Tonsils removed. Hopefully this will end the BB problem that's been with me for 20 some odd years.
-Still in search of a cure. Thanks taking the time to read thru all this rambling.