Page 1 of 1

Hypochloridia; low stomach acid

Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:49 pm
by hungrygirl
I know it has been mentioned before but i've gone trough such improvement i would just like you guys to read this.

http://www.naturalmeds.co.nz/Conditions ... hydria.htm

Its a very short and matter-of-fact description of the problem, but here is two little things from it:

Symptoms of hypochlorhydria are: halitosis (bad breath), a loss of taste for meat, an unusual sense of “fullness” after eating, bloating, belching, burning, and flatulence immediately after meals, indigestion, diarrhea, and/or constipation, itching around the rectum, bacterial overgrowth, multiple food allergies and nausea, and undigested food in stools Other systemic signs are weak, peeled, and cracked fingernails with ridges, and hair loss.

I have nearly all of these!

There is a way to self test to determine if you need to supplement your body’s production of stomach acid (hydrochloric acid (HCl)).Take one capsule (about 525 milligrams), not tablets, of Betaine HCl with a meal. If you feel a burning sensation in your stomach with one capsule, you don’t need it. If you do not feel a burning sensation, keep increasing the number of capsules you take at each meal until you do feel a burning sensation, and then you know to take one less. (To neutralize the burning sensation just eat a little more food).


I needed 12 :!: capsules before i felt a little bit of burning! It took me days to get to it and in the mean time the tongue coating came back with the bad taste and other signs, also, i didnt want to take 11 pills with every meal, so that's why i stick with the apple cider vinegar.

It would also explain why some of us feel that bb is wors after meat, as we need stomach acid for protein breakdown.


http://www.shokos.com/ExcessStomachAcid-AcidReflux.htm

Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:11 pm
by Larc400
I'm interested in this, as I sometimes get reflux, but hardly ever feel any acid taste during those, which I guess I would if I had enough stomach acid?

Anyway, I think you might want to ask your gastro doctor for a pH test of the stomach. I tried with mine but he wouldn't let me do it...

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:49 pm
by fedenon
i read in the web (in spanish) about HCL and the overgrowth of candida (and other bacteriums, more anaerobics). I have white tongue, if u increase the acid and eat less food like yeast, sugar (food of the candida) for me work.

I have acid reflux and gastritis (stomach problem with pilory), but i dont feel nothing, i dont have acid sensation, i dont know what is this, but my doctor say: u have gastritis and reflux and the results say that. Then i try the antiacid diet, and the tongue was hiperwhite, and when i eat, again, whit vinegar and lemon and sugar (acid enviroment), my tongue have less white, and course the odour was less.

Sorry for my english. oh, i am skinny. YOU?

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:17 pm
by Archimonde
@Hungrygirl

Can you give us an update on your bb situation?