Why me?
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:15 pm
Hello all,
I've been suffering from CH for about 12 years now. I won't go into the aspect of my life which talks about how I came to know, or embarrassing social situations. It is pretty much the same as any other CH sufferers. We are living a constant night mare. My oral health according to my dentist is very good (ie no cavaties, pockets). I keep up with cleanings every 6 months. But yet I still have CH. I have tried a vast array of products such as thera breath, breath rx; but all without any results. I chew about 14 pieces of chewing gum in a day, constantly drink water as well. I've even visited the Ora Fresh Clinic run by Anne Bosey in Toronto. My experience there wasn't all that fulfilling. First off I never actually got to see Anne. I asked them if I could be treated by Anne; they told me that she does not see patients and is only dedicated to research. Instead I was stuck with a hygienist; not to take anything away from her, but c'mon she's a hygienist, I paid $300 dollars to see a hygienist. She conducted a series of test and took swabs and floss samples from all over my mouth. Put me on Flagyl (not to sure about the spelling, in essence it is metronidazole mixed with niltstat) rinse for 2 weeks 3 times a day. I went back after 2 weeks and she told me that my breath was still the same. Then she put me on a chlorhexadine rinse and was skeptical. She told me I might have to see a medical doctor, either an ENT or digestive specialist. I asked her if she could refer me to one; she said that she didn't know of any. What kind of business is Anne running? I don't understand; I don't mean to bash her business practices; but it just seemed like she gave up on me.
Moving on to my next experience; I visited my family doctor; in hopes of getting a referral to a specialist. This experience was even worse:
When I told him about my CH it seemed as if I just ruined his day. He seemed very angry as if I was wasting his time. He took my medical history. I told him everything from the start etc. He prescribed me Omeprazole, which I believe is for heart burn and ulcers, which I never even complained about. He asked me about my sinuses; I told him it always feels like there's something stuck back there. His response was "there you go, you have sinusitis." Fine if I do have sinusitis, then where's the treatment for that? I walked away with Omeprazole!!!! He ordered a series of lab test from blood-work to swabs. He put down HIV test as well??????? He asked me to breathe into his face, he told me that he didn't not smell anything. This was my fault as I had just brushed and used mouthwash before visiting him (which for some reason I cannot avoid doing; a security habbit i guess.) He ended by saying that if he can't find an answer after reviewing the lab results he might refer me to a psychiatrist. ????????? I have an appointment with him tomorrow and will post the results.
I've been suffering from CH for about 12 years now. I won't go into the aspect of my life which talks about how I came to know, or embarrassing social situations. It is pretty much the same as any other CH sufferers. We are living a constant night mare. My oral health according to my dentist is very good (ie no cavaties, pockets). I keep up with cleanings every 6 months. But yet I still have CH. I have tried a vast array of products such as thera breath, breath rx; but all without any results. I chew about 14 pieces of chewing gum in a day, constantly drink water as well. I've even visited the Ora Fresh Clinic run by Anne Bosey in Toronto. My experience there wasn't all that fulfilling. First off I never actually got to see Anne. I asked them if I could be treated by Anne; they told me that she does not see patients and is only dedicated to research. Instead I was stuck with a hygienist; not to take anything away from her, but c'mon she's a hygienist, I paid $300 dollars to see a hygienist. She conducted a series of test and took swabs and floss samples from all over my mouth. Put me on Flagyl (not to sure about the spelling, in essence it is metronidazole mixed with niltstat) rinse for 2 weeks 3 times a day. I went back after 2 weeks and she told me that my breath was still the same. Then she put me on a chlorhexadine rinse and was skeptical. She told me I might have to see a medical doctor, either an ENT or digestive specialist. I asked her if she could refer me to one; she said that she didn't know of any. What kind of business is Anne running? I don't understand; I don't mean to bash her business practices; but it just seemed like she gave up on me.
Moving on to my next experience; I visited my family doctor; in hopes of getting a referral to a specialist. This experience was even worse:
When I told him about my CH it seemed as if I just ruined his day. He seemed very angry as if I was wasting his time. He took my medical history. I told him everything from the start etc. He prescribed me Omeprazole, which I believe is for heart burn and ulcers, which I never even complained about. He asked me about my sinuses; I told him it always feels like there's something stuck back there. His response was "there you go, you have sinusitis." Fine if I do have sinusitis, then where's the treatment for that? I walked away with Omeprazole!!!! He ordered a series of lab test from blood-work to swabs. He put down HIV test as well??????? He asked me to breathe into his face, he told me that he didn't not smell anything. This was my fault as I had just brushed and used mouthwash before visiting him (which for some reason I cannot avoid doing; a security habbit i guess.) He ended by saying that if he can't find an answer after reviewing the lab results he might refer me to a psychiatrist. ????????? I have an appointment with him tomorrow and will post the results.