Page 1 of 1
Deviated Septum Surgery
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:32 pm
by Snobuni
Has anybody (especially with pnd or nasal bb) had a deviated septum fixed and not found this to be helpful? I'm considering going to my GP and asking for a referal to an ENT to get this surgery. I don't have yellow or green mucous, it's usualy clear or white, but it does have a strange smell and one nostril is always blocked right up in my sinuses.
Has anyone on this forum ever been cured by sorting out their sinuses?
Sorry for posting this twice.

Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:22 pm
by chloe
I had the surgery January of 2007. It did nothing to fix my BB but it did open the one nostril I had that was blocked all the time. PND improved but still have the BB. The best part about the surgery was I only get one sinus infection a year now instead of the 4 to 5 a year I use to get.
Good luck.
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:29 pm
by Snobuni
How about antifungal nasal washes? I read on a website that even if you have the surgery and they clear out any infected mucous, it won't do much good if you've a fungal infection up there, so you need to take anti-fungacides to avoid reinfection.
Has anybody had success from using antifungal sprays/washes?
Chloe,
Did you have nasal bb too? Did this improve with the surgery? Btw, was it very painful and how long did it take you to recover?

Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:36 pm
by chloe
No, I never had nasal BB. It's not that painful and it took about 10 days to recover but you could be back at work in a couple of days.
I now think my BB comes from my stomach. I was convinced it was my nose but not anymore.