Your Email Address:

First Name:

inheritance halitosis

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
fedenon

inheritance halitosis

Post by fedenon »

hi. I have halitosis and my sister and my mother too. Why?

anyone happens the same.

i dont speak english...
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

I've never heard of a whole family having bad breath. Do you guys discuss bad breath together or is it a taboo subject?
fedenon

Post by fedenon »

i know two familys more.

Not is a taboo, my mother want help me.
My father dont.

your brothers not?¿
i dont speak english...
Charley
Junior

Re: inheritance halitosis

Post by Charley »

fedenon wrote:hi. I have halitosis and my sister and my mother too. Why?

anyone happens the same.
Hey Fedenon, me and my mother both have it. But my dad or brother dont.

We've never spoken about it. I wish I knew the answer to your question!

C
XXdEaThBrEaThXX
Total Newbie

Post by XXdEaThBrEaThXX »

Hi everyone!

I am new to this site. I have noticed BB can be inherited. My father, uncle and myself all have it on the male side of the family. However, all the women in the family have fresh breath.

This is a really embarrassing and devastating thing to befall anyone. Since I was a little child, people have mocked my breath. I'm always offered gum and mints with some people being rather harsh about my putrid breath.

BB has also ruined 2 relationships I had, both girls left me because they couldn't stand it anymore. I even went to the doctors and I was made to feel so embarrassed, the dentists have tried everything. They say the smell is not from the oral cavity and that I should go to see a doctor and the doctors say I should go see a dentist etc. It's a vicious circle....

Sorry for long rant. To conclude, I believe BB can be inherited.

Anyone else with other views?
guzler
Advanced

Post by guzler »

yes i have 4 brothers 3 of them have bad breath except one , however my mom and dad don't have it . also it seems im the only one with severe case of bad breath .
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

When my mother was my age (early twenties) she had tonsillitis all the time which gave her nasty breath that she said messed with her social life. I believe I'm going through the same thing, my tonsils are giving me a lot of trouble now too and when they get red, swollen, and pus-filled it seems to make my BB way worse. (hard to believe huh, lol)

I also believe that BB can be inherited almost like a gene, like our bodies are susceptible to bacterial overgrowth in the mouth and or some kind of weird food-processing issue that is metabolism related.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

Are we talking occasional/situational bad breath or chronic halitosis for our family members?
Last edited by thanatos on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

Are we talking occasional/situational bad breath or chronic halitosis?
I'm talking chronic for sure. Had it since the beginning of this year.
Laka

Post by Laka »

I have noticed that my dad has somewhat bb bad but his brother or his father do not. My mother does not, just the occasional like other people as well. I have the same tongue surface like my mom (not dad) but have bb kind of like my dad..
fedenon

Post by fedenon »

thanatos wrote:Are we talking occasional/situational bad breath or chronic halitosis for our family members?
chronic.

My father occasional
i dont speak english...
fedenon

Post by fedenon »

Eric wrote:or some kind of weird food-processing issue that is metabolism related.
i believe in that, and in second order the bacteria and conditions (less saliva, ph=acid, etc).
i dont speak english...
perrymason
Advanced

Post by perrymason »

Well, fedenon, if the bacteria thrive in an acidic environment, why is it that Vitamin C seems to work to some degree? I don't get that...

Isn't Vitamin C acidic?
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

pervy19 wrote:Well, fedenon, if the bacteria thrive in an acidic environment, why is it that Vitamin C seems to work to some degree? I don't get that...
Who says it's our acidic PH that's causing BB? No one really knows. Just like no one can be sure that PND is the root cause, or [insert reason X here]. Fact is, we don't know jack shit.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

The oral pH is confusing to people in general. The 'Bad Breath Report' says the anaerobic BB bacteria like an acidic pH, while some other books that I have says the oral anaerobic BB bacteria like an alkaline pH, so... contradictory information. My dentist also said those bacteria prefer an alkaline environment.

All I know is that my oral pH is alkaline (saliva pH between 7.5 - 9.5) and that my BB is a problem. Introducing acidity helps, for a very short while.

Measuring your oral pH is very simple. Just get some pH strips from the pharmacy...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic