Page 1 of 1

Old News: Hydrogen Peroxide

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:59 pm
by Larc400
I know this is very "old-school", but I've recently started using Hydrogen Peroxide again, and it is still one of very few things that actually has an effect on the odour coming from the back of the tongue.

The standard way to use it (for those who have never tried it) is to mix:
1/2 Hydrogen Peroxide 3%
1/2 tap water

Start with normal tongue scraping, then use a tongue brush or toothbrush, dip it in the mix, and apply to back of tongue. Gargling for a couple of minutes might also be a good idea.

As mentioned, I know this has been around for years & years, but even now in 2008 it seems to be the only thing that works, if just a little .... or what do ppl who have tried it say..? 8-[


Edit: when using Hydrogen Peroxide (H202) make sure to only use the 3% solution, and mix it with the same amount water, as described above.

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:18 am
by perrymason
555 posts Larc

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:24 pm
by j0n1982
thank you for bringing this up... i will try this again early this morning.

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:18 pm
by halihope
My hubby uses this rinse at home and at work and has great breath. He is not a bb sufferer but I noticed a cleaner breath smell on him since he started using it. I will give it a try.
How often do you use this? Morning and night ?