Page 1 of 1

Biotene Mouthwash

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:51 pm
by Jimi Stein
I have read few comments about it, nothing good, so I am opening a new post only about Biotene.

I don't see anything on the website about the ingredients.

http://www.laclede.com/products/mouthwash.asp

How can they be so secretive.

Does this thing work?

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:51 am
by mindyb
biotene did SQUAT for me.. just my 2 cents about it :-({|=

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:31 am
by dragonbreath
Never tried it. But I have dry mouth. I think my dry mouth is partially responsible for my BB. I wonder if this would help though.

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:33 am
by Charley
Hasn't worked for me. The mouthwash and toothpaste has the most sickly sweet taste and almost slimey in consistency - the smell now makes me feel ill.

Just found the toothpaste at back of my cupboard, ingredients:

Sorbitol, Glycerin (of vegetable origin), Calcium Pyro-phosphate, Hydrated Silica, Xylitol, Isoceteth-20, Cellulose Gum, Flavour, Calcium Lactate, Sodium Benzoate, Beta-d-glucose, Potassium Thiocyanate.

Active Ingredients per 100mg: Lactoperoxidase (15,000 units), Glucose Oxidase (10,000 units), Lysozyme 16(mg), Lactoferrin (16mg), Sodium Monoflurophosphate (cavity inhibitor).

They really couldnt get any more ingredients on the tube!

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:06 pm
by spygirl
Did not help my bb one bit, but did not make it worse too.

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:30 pm
by Jimi Stein
I mean it costs 10 bucks and it has calcium, is it better then other toothpaste or mouthwashes just to prevent cavities?

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:35 pm
by emotional rescue
go for Dentiste toothpaste, the best by far.

Ingredients: eucalyptus, clove, fennel, anise, salvia, catechu, commiphora, cinnamon, myrrhis, chamomila, ratanhia, mint, glycyrrhiza, echinacea, Vitamin C, Xylitol, silica complex

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:42 pm
by Larc400
Dentiste does ***k all for the breath. Still an okay paste though 8)

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:40 am
by Happylife
I felt more pain ( due to sensitivity) ..on the days i used biotene mouthwash and toothpaste.

It din't do any good for me with BB too...

Biotene Mouthwash

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:17 am
by faith59
I have a mini drugstore in my bathroom . I thing I tried all the mouthwashes including Biotene . It didn't do anything for me. I wish I could sell back all the crap I have bought. I could take a nice vacation on some island and forget about my breath.

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:01 am
by thanatos
Or we can all pool together all the money we were scammed out of and buy our own island!

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:37 am
by Snobuni
I'm in!!! When do we go?!!! :D