Clean Mouth, Bad Breath: Is problem bacteria in belly?
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:50 am
A. Bad breath may result from gum disease, but there are other causes. Many years ago we spoke with Nobel Prize laureate Barry Marshall, M.D. He discovered that the bacterium Helicobacter pylori could cause stomach ulcers. He told us that these germs are behind some cases of hard-to-treat bad breath.
Through the years we have heard from readers who reported success after curing the infection: "When I read about a blood test for a germ in the stomach that causes bad breath and gastritis, I saw my doctor. He hadn't heard of this, but he gave me the blood test. It turned up positive. Now I am fine, after years of bad breath."
http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbc ... /710200309[/b]
Through the years we have heard from readers who reported success after curing the infection: "When I read about a blood test for a germ in the stomach that causes bad breath and gastritis, I saw my doctor. He hadn't heard of this, but he gave me the blood test. It turned up positive. Now I am fine, after years of bad breath."
http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbc ... /710200309[/b]