THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Psychiatric drugs & BB

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Psychiatric drugs & BB

Post by Larc400 »

I was experimenting with taking Effexor for a few weeks, just to offload the social stress of the BB. Now I'm off it, because of side fx, and have noticed that my morning BB seems to have been better when on the Effexor. This could just be a coincidence, or it could have something to do with Effexor boosting the sympathetic nervous system (it's one of very few pills which boost Norepinephrine), which maybe can have a positive effect on the immune defense and so on...

I was wondering if other people who have tried psychiatric drugs (wellbutrin, effexor, zoloft, prozac, mirtazapine etc etc) noticed any effect on the bb, except for the psycho-somatic effect of thinking about it less. I am looking for actual physical effects (i e maybe by affecting immune system etc)...

Anyone..?


8)
Eric
Advanced
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:39 am

Post by Eric »

Thats a good question to ask. Wish I had some of those medications so I could compare results.
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Larc400 »

You can get them online 8) ...though I got mine the normal way. Not to treat depression, because I never had it, but to help dealing with the effects of living with bb...

I would suggest trying Effexor or Wellbutrin, and see if you notice the same thing that I noticed, physically. I'm unsure about this though, so I should really try it again for a few weeks. Shame it has pretty rough (sexual) side-fx :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

Larc are you serious?? YOu are telling people to try psychiatric drugs and in the same sentence you are telling how strong sideffects are, come on be serious.

You know there were reports people were hooked on prozac and even became suicidal.

This is really a stupid post.

Try ****ing Emotional Freedom Techniquest eft.com.

You know posts like this are bad for other people.
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Larc400 »

I'm just telling my experience. It's possible that the effect on Norepinephrine is the reason, so it might be worth a try. But really, I was curious if someone else had noticed anything similar whilst being on the same drug. Effexor is not like Prozac. Effexor gives more of a boost.

Yeah, the sides are annoying, but not dangerous.

Anyway, I'll go back on them for a few weeks to check if what I noticed is actually true, or if it was just a coincidence :arrow:
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

I am telling you this shit is dangerous, I took some shit for 1 month and felt sideeffects for few years. The stuff logs into your fat tissue and you are just relieveing the symptoms all the time.

Trust me, psychiatric drugs will not cure you of bb. That is so ****ing funny idea.
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Larc400 »

I didn't say it would :D ... I was asking if someone had noticed the bonus-effect of less morning BB. If there is such an effect, maybe it's only short term, as the immune system is boosted for a while...

Stored in fat tissue, and affected for years? You must have been incredibly unlucky then.

Anyway, I'm sure a few ppl on here have tried them (hopefully Effexor) and can report if they noticed anything similar. As mentioned, it might have been coincidence 8-[
emotional rescue
Sheriff
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am

Post by emotional rescue »

Larc,

Can you explain me the sexual side effects of this drugs in more detail???

I´m just curious

I thought a few times about triying some drugs of this kind, cause i always thought that the pshycological aspect of this disorder is one of the worst, if it isn´t the worst aspect between all.......

but if they gives you sexual problems....they will go automatly out of my list....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗