THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

how do you guys know what your breath smells like?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
cat
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:29 am

how do you guys know what your breath smells like?

Post by cat »

i've never smelled my breath! all i know is that i constantly have a bad taste in my mouth, and have deduced from that that it must stink.

but i see people on here saying that theirs is fecal, or sewer-like, or ammonia like, and that it gets worse depending on the foods that they eat.. so how do you know?
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

There are times when my BB is at it's worse and I can smell a musty odour if I breath upwards toward my nostrils. But overall, I think we actually develop the ability over time to "sense" the smell without actually smelling it. I believe the brain can do that. I get sensations throughout the day, and I know that they are real because they coincide with how people react to me.

I sometimes have a weird feeling that my breath isn't that bad also (rarely). Those days, I have noticed people will stand a little bit closer when I talk. Humans develop senses in amazing ways. I believe I can now smell "internally" Like I can smell my lungs and gut by concentrating on breathing slowly with my mouth closed.

The one thing i don't believe is that we can differentiate the type of smell. I suspect mine is usually a sour, putrid, rotten odour... but I am not sure about that. I have smelled straight shit after eating anything dairy though. I can smell and sense the shit odour right after drinking milk, for example.
cat
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:29 am

Post by cat »

my tongue TASTES like it should smell musty... but i really never smell it.

do you chew gum/eat mints througout the day? or do you just let it go natural after cleaning your teeth etc. in the morning?
bleh
Junior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by bleh »

n/a
Last edited by bleh on Mon May 04, 2009 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Humble
Total Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 4:26 am

BB Smell

Post by Humble »

I have been able to tell because my BB may be dental-related. I run dental floss between my teeth and gums. I take a whiff of the dental floss. I have found that I have virtually no problems with most of my teeth. I only have problems with my Wisdom Teeth area. It has a fecal-like odor. I try to flush with a Waterpik, but within hours, the odor returns.
thanatos
God
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:11 am
Gender:

Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
unhappyindc
Total Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:24 am

Post by unhappyindc »

my ex told me mines smells like the dogs breathe and he also said it smells like shit too. so i can only assume it smells like poo. most people use the word shit when i'm around. i guess that's their way of telling me.
Busted
God
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Busted »

All I know that it's really bad. Sometimes I can smell it, but I have no idea how to desribe it like others here do on this forum.

All I want is it to be not bad.
Hal_1t0515
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:03 am

Post by Hal_1t0515 »

I can smell mine occasionally when it mixes with some other people's breath. Not with most people though. I believe I caught my bb from my brother in law who had chronic bb. Now I can smell my own breath whenever I'm around him. I also smelled it once when it mixed with the scent of a new car tire at the car dealer. Strange how the sense of smell works.
Hal_1t0515
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:03 am

Re: BB Smell

Post by Hal_1t0515 »

Humble wrote:I have been able to tell because my BB may be dental-related. I run dental floss between my teeth and gums. I take a whiff of the dental floss. I have found that I have virtually no problems with most of my teeth. I only have problems with my Wisdom Teeth area. It has a fecal-like odor. I try to flush with a Waterpik, but within hours, the odor returns.
I noticed the same smell from the back teeth. The waterpik is great for cleaning the gum line, but it's only temporary. I still had problems with bleeding sensitive gums. Now I'm trying brushing and gargling with essential oils (mixed with water) instead of toothpastes which contain detergent. Detergents strip the natural oils from the teeth and gums, allowing the bad bacteria to proliferate. I think the essential oils will help the gums heal and should reduce the bb as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗