Page 1 of 1

My bb is contagious,

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:28 am
by sharon
It's sad but I find it's really contagious. I almost feel at the same time my new coworker and my new bf are affected. I understand people's reaction is to protect themselves. On the other hand I was affected several years ago by somebody else. I suspect it is hp infection and going to have a check. Any body knows is there any other causes for contagious bb? Thanks! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:17 am
by Eric
Any doctor should be able to either give you an H. pylori test or refer you to a specialist who can give you the test. The tough part is convincing them there is a reason to get the test. Many doctors will deny your BB...

I suspect my BB is contagious as well, at least for short amounts of time. My current girlfriend got a very nasty looking/smelling infection in the back of her throat where her tonsils used to be a few days after we started tongue-kissing. There were white pockets of what I'm assuming is pus checkering the back of her throat and filling in the crevices. It cleared up on its own after a few days.

I think some of us have weak immune systems that can not fight off whatever the hell it is and it turns into chronic BB and causes us to be fatigued all the time. :-({|=

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:37 am
by Larc400
Eric wrote:I think some of us have weak immune systems that can not fight off whatever the hell it is and it turns into chronic BB and causes us to be fatigued all the time. :-({|=
This sounds like a good theory. For whatever reason, it seems my immune system has been given a boost by taking Effexor for a few weeks. Suddenly I wake up with much better breath. When checking the smell of the tongue in the morning, it's maybe 2/5 when it used to be 4/5. I can even taste the toothpaste from the night before, something I haven't been able to do for a looong time.

This medication is obviously doing *something* to help fight those anaerobic bacteria in the mouth. I recommend anyone with proven chronic bad breath to try it for a few weeks, to see if they get the same effect.

It acts on Norepinephrine, which has many functions in the body, and somehow this seems to have an effect on fighting the bb.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norepinephrine

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:34 pm
by Archimonde
It seems like anything that can boost the immunute system will reduce bad breath to some extent until the body becomes tolerant/gets accostumed to the stimulus. That would explain why some people in the past have claimed to be cured then comes back a few weeks later saying their bb is back.

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:21 pm
by Busted
Or maybe they never got cured in the first place. They just thought they were cured.

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:50 am
by Charley
Larc400 wrote:
Eric wrote:I think some of us have weak immune systems that can not fight off whatever the hell it is and it turns into chronic BB and causes us to be fatigued all the time. :-({|=
There could be something in this. When i was 8 I had pnemonia and they pumped me full of anit-biotics and was never the same again. My mum blamed the illness but could it have been the anti-b's?

When I was 21 I had glandular fever, a well known immune system crusher - I was dead except for breathing, for months didnt get out of bed, in fact didnt wake up for 3 days. They gave me more anti-biotics.

Immune system definately weak - anyone else?

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:52 am
by Eric
A couple weeks ago I posted a topic about the possibility that we have low amounts of Immunoglobulin-A. Its the one that resides in the ear/nose/throat/esophagus area to protect the soft tissues from infection. If we have low amounts of it, maybe this is why we experience bacterial overgrowth.

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:54 am
by baguio
Charley wrote:There could be something in this. When i was 8 I had pnemonia and they pumped me full of anit-biotics and was never the same again.
Snap. Also had pneumonia when I was 8!

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:23 am
by Larc400
Eric wrote:A couple weeks ago I posted a topic about the possibility that we have low amounts of Immunoglobulin-A. Its the one that resides in the ear/nose/throat/esophagus area to protect the soft tissues from infection. If we have low amounts of it, maybe this is why we experience bacterial overgrowth.

So maybe the medication I'm trying (Effexor) is somehow interacting or boosting IgA? I don't know, but for some reason it works, and it happened by pure coincidence.

Is someone planning on trying Effexor to see if you get the same effect? You may notice that I have 'God status' on this forum and have been around for longer than any of you, so wouldn't bullshit.

:-({|=

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:42 pm
by mizz123
Larc,
What is the effexor prescribed for. Or can you get it over the counter?

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:48 pm
by Larc400
I got it to help me deal with the stress and obsessing about bb, and this was an unexpected physical side-effect. You need a prescription, or order it online. The easiest way to get a prescription is probably to say you suffer from major depressions. I don't, but it's used for that too.

See this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=1458

Don't read too much about it before trying it though. I think the list of potential side-effects can be off-putting, but I haven't really had a problem with those.

:arrow:

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:50 am
by Larc400
Eric wrote:A couple weeks ago I posted a topic about the possibility that we have low amounts of Immunoglobulin-A. Its the one that resides in the ear/nose/throat/esophagus area to protect the soft tissues from infection. If we have low amounts of it, maybe this is why we experience bacterial overgrowth.
Were you tested for IgA? Is it a test I can get easily done with my doc? It's probably the best theory yet =D>

For people with low IgA, is there a way to boost the production?

I will read up on immunology the next few weeks :arrow:

H.Pylori negative

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:59 pm
by sharon
Hi, I was told my blood test result is H.Pylori negative.
I don't know why my bb is contagious, totally confused. :|

Re: H.Pylori negative

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:49 pm
by Archimonde
sharon wrote: I don't know why my bb is contagious, totally confused. :|
candida/oral thrush can be contagious through sexual contact.

Its contagious

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:01 am
by Needsbbmiracle
I just want to share that bad breath is contagious, it happened to my ex boyfriend , I noticed that he suffered from bad breath after we kissed, in fact he even mentioned that his co workers told him that he had dragon breath.I felt really bad because I knew exactly how he felt. After our relationship ended, I noticed that he didn't had bb anymore. This is so frusturating!! By the way does anybody know is the Magnolia Bark works?