Page 1 of 1
I FINALLY FOUND A SOLUTION! YOU'VE GOT TO READ THIS!
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:47 pm
by Guest
Ok, so I have had bad breath from as far back as I can remember and it has only gotten worse over the years. It would be so bad that it could be smelled from several feet away, and if a person was sitting next to me they could smell my breath coming through my nose even with my mouth closed. I noticed that after I brushed my teeth with regular toothpaste it seemed like the smell was even worse. I've tried Smartmouth, BreathRx, tongue scrappers and all of that stuff but to no avail. Bad breath was ruining my life.Not long ago I heard someone say that they started brushing their teeth and tongue with Dove soap. Their results sounded too good to be true. I was not expecting this to be the soltution, but I figuered why not give it a shot and guess what....it really works! I did some research and as far as I can tell there are no harmful side effects associated with doing this. We all know that halitosis is caused by bacteria in the mouth...who would have thought that soap would be the solution. I hope this helps.
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:18 am
by mizz123
Is this some kind of joke. Not funny................
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:27 am
by Snobuni
Didn't oceanside try this with a handwash for a while and eventually his bb came back after a week or two?

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:46 pm
by Guest
No, it's not a joke. I've been doing for a few weeks now, and seems to be still working.
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:15 pm
by Snobuni
Is it just a plain old bar of dove soap?!! Ok, I'm stupid and desperate enough to give this a go and see what happens...
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:49 pm
by Archimonde
bar soap or liquid soap? Either way, not sure i wanna try this :/
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:33 pm
by Guest
bar...the taste isn't as bad as you might expect....this is probably due to the fact that dove is more of a mild soap compared to most other commercial soaps out there.
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:24 pm
by emotional rescue
I´m sure this is not a joke since we have past experiences with similar things and it seemed to work for a certain time....but if it will remain working over time and if it has sideeffects we canoot know....
Is the dove bar that claims to have 25% of moisturizing cream or something like that??
good luck!
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:57 pm
by Busted
It's okay
Go soap your mouth every day
And your bb will go away
...
might work... I'm going to try this again xcept this time with DOVE soap.
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:05 pm
by tdm0878
I have also used BreathRx and Smartmouth products. Currently I buy both BreathRx and Smarthmouth toothpaste and use them both together to brush my teeth. I also use the Smartmouth mouthrinse afterwards....and have seemed to find some better results. Seems my breath will stay fresh alot longer using this combination. So far it has been good for about 2wks now....so maybe try mixing the two. Also, I have been really please because I've dealt with this BB for 9 yrs now and this seems to be the first time I'm finding relief that seems to last a little while.

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:17 am
by mizz123
I did it but it only worked for a couple hours, just like everthing else. It actually didn't taste that bad either, Do you think it will prevent cavities though?
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:42 am
by Hal_1t0515
I tried brushing with soap a few times. After 24 hours, the floss test proved it to be worse than ever. I think essential oils (peppermint, etc.) are the way to go. They also taste a lot better than soap.
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:12 am
by emotional rescue
mizz123 wrote:I did it but it only worked for a couple hours, just like everthing else. It actually didn't taste that bad either, Do you think it will prevent cavities though?
if i can find something that works for at least a couple of hours i will be very happy
so i´m gonna give it a try