Searching for a 'cure'
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:43 pm
I have been suffering with BB for many years. It's certainly not something that is in my head as I have had several people tell me just how bad my breath can get.
I have not always had the best oral hygiene, but even when I use mouthwash and brush regularly, the foul odor is still there.
Normally it is not something I can detect myself. The method of cupping my hand and smelling my breath does not give me a good idea of how my breath really is.
I tend to eat a lot of mints or chew gum to cover it up while in public, but recently I have started a new job at a semiconductor plant where this is not allowed.
This new job has also opened my eyes as to exactly how bad my breath really is. I have to wear a 'clean room suit' which includes a paper face mask like a surgeon would wear. This mask does not lie about my breath; it's downright foul when I breathe out my mouth and in through my nose!
If anyone is questioning whether their BB is real, or imagined, go buy a face/dust mask for a dollar and give it a try. You will know immediately if it is real or in your head.
I have started keeping a bottle of mouthwash in my car so I can rinse after lunch, etc. I find this to be effective for only about 30-60 minutes, then the foul odor comes right back.
I am looking for a regimen that will eliminate the bacteria causing the BB. After reading a few posts here I plan to try one of the more unorthodox methods first. I will acquire some germ-x anti-bacterial hand soap and rinse with that to see if I can kill most of the bacteria in my mouth. After that I may try that k12 stuff from therabreath to see if I can get some 'good' bacteria floating around in there.
If anyone has some suggestions I would be happy to hear them. I will post back with results as they become available.
I have not always had the best oral hygiene, but even when I use mouthwash and brush regularly, the foul odor is still there.
Normally it is not something I can detect myself. The method of cupping my hand and smelling my breath does not give me a good idea of how my breath really is.
I tend to eat a lot of mints or chew gum to cover it up while in public, but recently I have started a new job at a semiconductor plant where this is not allowed.
This new job has also opened my eyes as to exactly how bad my breath really is. I have to wear a 'clean room suit' which includes a paper face mask like a surgeon would wear. This mask does not lie about my breath; it's downright foul when I breathe out my mouth and in through my nose!
If anyone is questioning whether their BB is real, or imagined, go buy a face/dust mask for a dollar and give it a try. You will know immediately if it is real or in your head.
I have started keeping a bottle of mouthwash in my car so I can rinse after lunch, etc. I find this to be effective for only about 30-60 minutes, then the foul odor comes right back.
I am looking for a regimen that will eliminate the bacteria causing the BB. After reading a few posts here I plan to try one of the more unorthodox methods first. I will acquire some germ-x anti-bacterial hand soap and rinse with that to see if I can kill most of the bacteria in my mouth. After that I may try that k12 stuff from therabreath to see if I can get some 'good' bacteria floating around in there.
If anyone has some suggestions I would be happy to hear them. I will post back with results as they become available.