Page 1 of 1

Can you...smell it?

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:36 am
by jane
i just wanna know if you guys can smell your own breath. if i close my throat, exhale, and concentrate i can. and if you can, is it a 247 thing or more pungent in the morning/night, etc. ? i would imagine its a nightmare for those who cant smell it :shock:

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:44 am
by sun
Yes once in a while I do smell my breath and its bad. Worse in the morn when I just wake up. Im sure this is the case for most people. I knw I have strong bb coming from the nose. Its always congested and blowing hot air. And my mouth always have a bad taste.

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:57 am
by thanatos
I close my throat and use my mouth to blow/push air into my nose where I simultaneously sniff in. I get a good whiff if I stick out my tongue first to get the smell from the back of my tongue

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:58 pm
by deebas
Yeah its weird - the human body is conditioned to not smell itself. I can sometimes though when I have my head down..


Also when someone else is around, I will smell my breath like its theirs.. its a bit weird.. always the same sour crap like smell that I can't get rid of no matter what :x

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:41 pm
by Moloch
Normally I have a lot of trouble smelling my own breath, even when people tell me its bad.

With my new job I wear a paper face mask which lets me know exactly how bad it is. I've caught a whiff of my breath before, but with a mask on, its 10x as strong as I can smell while cupping my hand, etc.

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:58 pm
by jane
Moloch wrote:Normally I have a lot of trouble smelling my own breath, even when people tell me its bad.

With my new job I wear a paper face mask which lets me know exactly how bad it is. I've caught a whiff of my breath before, but with a mask on, its 10x as strong as I can smell while cupping my hand, etc.
you get to wear a mask at work? so lucky..

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:59 pm
by thanatos
lol

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:25 pm
by deebas
jane wrote:
Moloch wrote:Normally I have a lot of trouble smelling my own breath, even when people tell me its bad.

With my new job I wear a paper face mask which lets me know exactly how bad it is. I've caught a whiff of my breath before, but with a mask on, its 10x as strong as I can smell while cupping my hand, etc.
you get to wear a mask at work? so lucky..
was thinkin exactly the same thing.. Where do you work Moloch?

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:30 am
by daisyk
I can smell my own breath. I just have to breath out and I can smell it. I don't always know how far I project if you know what I mean. I have been by people at times and thought my breath isn't too bad or they're far enough away from me and I see them deliberately move backwards, so I know they're smelling me.