Does food stick between your throat and nasal cavity?
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:33 am
Does anybody else have this problem?
Here is an easy way to determine if you do:
Eat a few handfuls of tortilla chips.
If you are like me you will notice that after you finish eating you will feel this 'food ball' stuck at the back of your throat. To get rid of this food ball I have to snort the mucous out of my nasal area. (The same thing you do when you 'hock a loogie') I spit the mucous up and there are ten or more small chunks of chip suspended in the mucous. I can keep snorting another 2 or 3 times to get less and less stuff out, but I don't think I am ever able to completely clear the area. Within minutes the food is being broken down by anaerobic bacteria and I have foul BB. I have found doing a nasal rinse and letting the water run down my throat greatly reduces the stink and prevents my tongue from having a white coating. But if I lapse and do not rinse after a meal I will get a strong smell and tongue coating back.
Please reply with similar stories and/or your test results.
Here is an easy way to determine if you do:
Eat a few handfuls of tortilla chips.
If you are like me you will notice that after you finish eating you will feel this 'food ball' stuck at the back of your throat. To get rid of this food ball I have to snort the mucous out of my nasal area. (The same thing you do when you 'hock a loogie') I spit the mucous up and there are ten or more small chunks of chip suspended in the mucous. I can keep snorting another 2 or 3 times to get less and less stuff out, but I don't think I am ever able to completely clear the area. Within minutes the food is being broken down by anaerobic bacteria and I have foul BB. I have found doing a nasal rinse and letting the water run down my throat greatly reduces the stink and prevents my tongue from having a white coating. But if I lapse and do not rinse after a meal I will get a strong smell and tongue coating back.
Please reply with similar stories and/or your test results.