Page 1 of 1

Would fasting for a few days work?

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:44 am
by ithurts
Reading through the list of benefits of Fasting, I am somewhat convinced that It would help us. What do you guys think? I will try it out in the next few months and let you guys know the result.

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:08 am
by m_s
Fasting may actually make the problem worse...there's the
hunger breath that you will get the first few days and then there's the bad breath that you get after long term fasting which is caused by the detoxifying of you body. It is common knowledge that those who fast get a white tongue because of this. I would only do a true fast if I had some time on my hands to be alone. Otherwise you could try a fast using vegetable broth or a raw diet, to feed your body minimally to avoid hunger breath....that's my advise..

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:18 am
by ithurts
You are right. Whatever it is that is wrong with our body, give it enough time, can it correct itself? That's why I think fasting might benefit us.

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:04 pm
by guzler
fasting will make your breath worse. im a muslim we fast every year for one month definitly will ake your breath worse.

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:06 pm
by Archimonde
I've tried fasting about a year ago. i could only last 4 days tho. On the 4th day, i seriously vomitted like 20 times and i was too weak to even get out of bed, never felt so sick in my life so i stopped the fast. The people on Curezone said that was actually a good thing, that it was my body getting rid of toxins, I'm not sure what to think of that. Interestingly enough, i had the same experience with the master cleanse, on the 4th day, my stomach was very upset. I wish i had kept going but vomiting non-stop isn't fun at all. I haven't had any food today so far, maybe i'll try fasting again.

ps: muslim fasting isn't real fasting, you still eat some food in the morning, just no meat, right?

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:30 pm
by thanatos
On the 4th day, i seriously vomitted like 20 times and i was too weak to even get out of bed, never felt so sick in my life so i stopped the fast. The people on Curezone said that was actually a good thing, that it was my body getting rid of toxins
That is why I never go there anymore.

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:16 am
by iva
I do fasting and it doesn`t influence my bb. The longest fasting I `ve done is 2 months. You get used to it and there are plenty of foods you can eat, but bb is the same..

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:31 pm
by DRASTIC
Hi Iva,

FASTING is one of the worst thing to do.Just to let you know. Anyone thinking of doing a fast for a day or any time only do it if you can afford to spend time by yourself with no human contact.

Fasting will give you hunger bad breath which will make halitosis worst. Also if you deprive yourself of certain nutrients whether protein or carbohydrates then you will have even worst bad breath.

I used to miss breakfast everyday when I was fasting and would also miss lunch everyday. When I fasted I noticed a terrible bad breath that even I could smell.

When I decided to fast by eating less or by restricting certain foods then I noticed that my body became run down to the point of not being able to fight any infections cold, flu or whatever.

Fasting is a no, no for me.

I have started to enjoy food again after a year of fasting which did nothing but made by breath worst.

How did I know that my breath was worst? Well my co-workers would always tell me make sure I eat lunch. They would tell me continuously every lunch time. They most likely smelled my breath when I was fasting.

Also, I used to deprive myself of protein, sugary foods, donuts, cookies, fudge or anything sweet. WELL I have started to enjoy foods again.

Life is too short to deny ourselves of simple food in the aim of getting rid of bad breath which does not work.

I now balance my food intake with protein, carbohydrate, fruits and vegetable. And Oh. I now enjoy cookies, cakes, fudge. The difference is now I floss and brush after eating these sugary foods.

Live life to the fullest. Life is too short to put our bodies in unnecessary misery. We have enough of that from other people who smell our bad breath. Eat what you want to and enjoy life.

D

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:52 pm
by iva
Drastic

I know fasting is not the best for the body, but I only reduce protein foods, I eat enough and to tell you the truth there is absolutely no difference in my breath with/without fasting. It is as horrible as always..