This problem is slowly killing me. Life is horrible.
Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:17 pm
Wow, I am SO glad I found this place.
A little background about myself:
I'm 22 years old and have been suffering with bad breath since I was 12. The first time I remember hearing a comment, was from my mother after I had just suffered a heavy bout of flu. I lost so much weight and that's when I think my bb really began. She told me it smelled like I hadn't brushed my teeth and I figured it was just because I had gotten over being sick. Not the case. I've had it every day since then...for the past 10 years.
I've been to the ENT and aside from him telling me I had some really bad acid reflux, nothing else was wrong with me. I can't believe that I could suffer from acid reflux that long and not feel anything. I still to this day don't feel anything but upon seeing him again today, he told me I must take the medication he prescribed me (Nexium). I don't think this is the cause of my bad breath though.
I DO have a thick white coating on the back of my tongue and no matter how long and hard I scrape, it NEVER comes off. Does anybody else have this problem? It just doesn't budge. I can tell that I'm scraping it because it leaves lines in the white gunk, but none of it ever comes off.
I just bought the K12 Therabreath crap and it doesn't work. I should have known better, especially since the products didn't work for me a few years ago when I tried them. I'll be returning that as soon as I can. I've been using them for about a week with no improvements. In fact, they made my mouth drier and probably made my breath much worse. I've never suffered from dry mouth and now it seems to be dry all the time. Thanks Dr. Katz. Thanks a lot.
Went to the store today and picked up some BreathRX and that seemed to make my tongue nice and pink again, but still, that back coating just won't come off. It's really starting to bother me because I'm starting to wonder if tihs is the cause of my foul breath. Over the years it's gotten worse and I can't think of any other reason besides the fact that the coating is building up on the back of my tongue. Who knows. The guessing game drives me insane.
My breath odor is characteristic of spoiled milk/cheese. it comes out of both my nose and mouth (same smell). This made me think that it was sinus related but now I'm thinking it's either back of the tongue or stomach issues. What do you all think?
I feel so defeated and alone. And really, I feel like I'll never be able to get rid of this problem and will be alone for the rest of my life. I envy my sister because she's BB free. She doesn't realize how lucky she is. She'll be able to have a life. I broke down in my doctor's office yesterday because I'm just sick of it, and he said we'll find a solution together. So hopefully he can give me a referral to a gastro-intestinal person and I can talk to them about my problems.
I'll be going to the dentist on tuesday to see what they say.
I can't keep living like this, especially since I'm starting a new job in a few weeks and I don't want to be known as the smelly person at work. Plus, I'm going to be talking on the phone all day, which is probably the worst job for someone with BB to have. Ugh, somebody tell me I'm not alone with this problem!
A little background about myself:
I'm 22 years old and have been suffering with bad breath since I was 12. The first time I remember hearing a comment, was from my mother after I had just suffered a heavy bout of flu. I lost so much weight and that's when I think my bb really began. She told me it smelled like I hadn't brushed my teeth and I figured it was just because I had gotten over being sick. Not the case. I've had it every day since then...for the past 10 years.
I've been to the ENT and aside from him telling me I had some really bad acid reflux, nothing else was wrong with me. I can't believe that I could suffer from acid reflux that long and not feel anything. I still to this day don't feel anything but upon seeing him again today, he told me I must take the medication he prescribed me (Nexium). I don't think this is the cause of my bad breath though.
I DO have a thick white coating on the back of my tongue and no matter how long and hard I scrape, it NEVER comes off. Does anybody else have this problem? It just doesn't budge. I can tell that I'm scraping it because it leaves lines in the white gunk, but none of it ever comes off.
I just bought the K12 Therabreath crap and it doesn't work. I should have known better, especially since the products didn't work for me a few years ago when I tried them. I'll be returning that as soon as I can. I've been using them for about a week with no improvements. In fact, they made my mouth drier and probably made my breath much worse. I've never suffered from dry mouth and now it seems to be dry all the time. Thanks Dr. Katz. Thanks a lot.
Went to the store today and picked up some BreathRX and that seemed to make my tongue nice and pink again, but still, that back coating just won't come off. It's really starting to bother me because I'm starting to wonder if tihs is the cause of my foul breath. Over the years it's gotten worse and I can't think of any other reason besides the fact that the coating is building up on the back of my tongue. Who knows. The guessing game drives me insane.
My breath odor is characteristic of spoiled milk/cheese. it comes out of both my nose and mouth (same smell). This made me think that it was sinus related but now I'm thinking it's either back of the tongue or stomach issues. What do you all think?
I feel so defeated and alone. And really, I feel like I'll never be able to get rid of this problem and will be alone for the rest of my life. I envy my sister because she's BB free. She doesn't realize how lucky she is. She'll be able to have a life. I broke down in my doctor's office yesterday because I'm just sick of it, and he said we'll find a solution together. So hopefully he can give me a referral to a gastro-intestinal person and I can talk to them about my problems.
I'll be going to the dentist on tuesday to see what they say.
I can't keep living like this, especially since I'm starting a new job in a few weeks and I don't want to be known as the smelly person at work. Plus, I'm going to be talking on the phone all day, which is probably the worst job for someone with BB to have. Ugh, somebody tell me I'm not alone with this problem!