There's hope for you if you will get out of that hole.
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:53 am
First of all, you gotta get out of that deep hole.
You think you are the most miserable person alive on the earth.
You are self-conscious all the time.
You think of your breath and of how people around you react to your breath all the time.
I tell you until you get out of that unescapable hole, there's no hope for you.
But if you make effort to broaden your mind and heart and make conscious effort to be hopeful and joyful, there's hope for you.
It's not your breath that is killing you. It is your mind that is making you miserable.
I promise you that the moment you get out of that miserable hole, you will no longer feel miserable. It is instantaneous. What i'm saying is that other people have the similar problem as you have. They have relationship problems, financial problems and family problems. And some people are diagnosed with cancer and have only a few months to live. There are people out there dying because of hunger and poverty in Africa. People dying in the war! Yes, War is still going on in this fallen world.
I say again, if you want to be healed, you have get out of that small world of yours.
It seems that everything that is happening around you is somewhat centred around your breath smell. And that is not true! You have to break that illusion and barrier.
Now to the point. Here are tips for you. How I started to have a conversation with my friends and they don't pinch their nose. I am first of all optimistic. Be optimistic. Your facial expression tells people everything about you. They know you are somewhat very self-conscious although you would not know that. Just focus on whatever is at hand. If it is work, focus on work, if you're studying, focus on the study. If you happen to have a conversation with somebody, focus on the conversation, not your BAD BREATH!
Next. Diet changes helped me dramatically.
3 things. No soybeans, No meat and No fatty high protein food.
This diet change may not apply to many of you. But try anyways.
I recently found out that I'm allergic to soybeans. I took a skin prick test and the results showed that I'm allergic to house dust mites, grass pollens, molds and soybeans.
I cut out soybeans out of my diet. And things started to change.
Some of the soybean products are: Soybean oil, soy sauce, soy milk, tofu, some noodle soups have soybean in them. Miso soup. Curry may have soybean in them.
That helped me a lot with my eczema.
I also observed that high fat, high protein food worsened my breath. Especially pies, quiche, barbeque, sausages and donuts. I guess the pies, quiche and donuts i ate were made with soybean oil. Soybean oil is extremely commonly used in food processing because they are cheap. Canola oil is also commonly used. And both of them are really bad for your health anyways.
But the thing that helped me most was not a diet change. It was a change of attitude. I talked to my father and my mother about my bad breath problem for four days. They were supportive and I believe I gained a lot of confidence from talking to them.
Talk to your family. Talk to your brother or sister. Be humble! Be generous! Break that self-confidence of yours that you have the potential to become big if it were not for your breath. NO! You are who you are. Whether you have bad breath or not. You are still you. Nothing changes. What you need is just humble yourself before others. And a humble person would not be self-conscious and always care about his/her image before others. Guess what. You are haughty and conceited. The first step to humility is that you realise that "you are not humble." I'm trying to help you. And you need to help yourself. Lower your bar and be open. Talk to someone close to you. I believe this was Oceanside's advice before he left this forum. You know what? Once you are healed, you no longer come back to this forum. Not because you're uncaring person but because you just forget it. You forget it because you forget about your bad breath.
Be hopeful. Be humble. Try the diet changes. But most of all. Get out of that deep hole. The world is not as small and confined as our bad breaths.
You think you are the most miserable person alive on the earth.
You are self-conscious all the time.
You think of your breath and of how people around you react to your breath all the time.
I tell you until you get out of that unescapable hole, there's no hope for you.
But if you make effort to broaden your mind and heart and make conscious effort to be hopeful and joyful, there's hope for you.
It's not your breath that is killing you. It is your mind that is making you miserable.
I promise you that the moment you get out of that miserable hole, you will no longer feel miserable. It is instantaneous. What i'm saying is that other people have the similar problem as you have. They have relationship problems, financial problems and family problems. And some people are diagnosed with cancer and have only a few months to live. There are people out there dying because of hunger and poverty in Africa. People dying in the war! Yes, War is still going on in this fallen world.
I say again, if you want to be healed, you have get out of that small world of yours.
It seems that everything that is happening around you is somewhat centred around your breath smell. And that is not true! You have to break that illusion and barrier.
Now to the point. Here are tips for you. How I started to have a conversation with my friends and they don't pinch their nose. I am first of all optimistic. Be optimistic. Your facial expression tells people everything about you. They know you are somewhat very self-conscious although you would not know that. Just focus on whatever is at hand. If it is work, focus on work, if you're studying, focus on the study. If you happen to have a conversation with somebody, focus on the conversation, not your BAD BREATH!
Next. Diet changes helped me dramatically.
3 things. No soybeans, No meat and No fatty high protein food.
This diet change may not apply to many of you. But try anyways.
I recently found out that I'm allergic to soybeans. I took a skin prick test and the results showed that I'm allergic to house dust mites, grass pollens, molds and soybeans.
I cut out soybeans out of my diet. And things started to change.
Some of the soybean products are: Soybean oil, soy sauce, soy milk, tofu, some noodle soups have soybean in them. Miso soup. Curry may have soybean in them.
That helped me a lot with my eczema.
I also observed that high fat, high protein food worsened my breath. Especially pies, quiche, barbeque, sausages and donuts. I guess the pies, quiche and donuts i ate were made with soybean oil. Soybean oil is extremely commonly used in food processing because they are cheap. Canola oil is also commonly used. And both of them are really bad for your health anyways.
But the thing that helped me most was not a diet change. It was a change of attitude. I talked to my father and my mother about my bad breath problem for four days. They were supportive and I believe I gained a lot of confidence from talking to them.
Talk to your family. Talk to your brother or sister. Be humble! Be generous! Break that self-confidence of yours that you have the potential to become big if it were not for your breath. NO! You are who you are. Whether you have bad breath or not. You are still you. Nothing changes. What you need is just humble yourself before others. And a humble person would not be self-conscious and always care about his/her image before others. Guess what. You are haughty and conceited. The first step to humility is that you realise that "you are not humble." I'm trying to help you. And you need to help yourself. Lower your bar and be open. Talk to someone close to you. I believe this was Oceanside's advice before he left this forum. You know what? Once you are healed, you no longer come back to this forum. Not because you're uncaring person but because you just forget it. You forget it because you forget about your bad breath.
Be hopeful. Be humble. Try the diet changes. But most of all. Get out of that deep hole. The world is not as small and confined as our bad breaths.