Page 1 of 2

how long after brushing does your breath goes bad?

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:16 am
by orange111
hi, this is my first post.
i have chronic BB.

after brushing/rinsing my mouth and tongue - i reckon my breath stays clean for up to an hour. after that and i can taste my mouth going from neutral to bad.

is this the same for everybody else?

i tried Therabreath 4years ago at uni, i think it may have helped, i didnt have morning breath in the mornings but was too paranoid about my breath so still chewed gum through the day.

im just looking for items that can give me neutral breath for longer than an hour, my next test will be on baking soda/sodium bicarbinate - im hoping this helps me!!

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:08 pm
by Charley
Orange count yourself lucky! You have an hour of bb free time?! Man I would pay good money to have just one hour without this.

I've been stood at the washbasin at work, seconds after brushing my teeth and thought I was ok to speak to someone and it still hit them. My breath is bad permanently, 100% of the time.

If all I had to do was brush my teeth once an hour I'd be in heaven.

I envy the hour you have, trust me you are one of the lucky ones.

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:40 pm
by lolalola
I have to agree, my bb is there 24/7. Even if use any new product the smell just goes from horrid to disgusting to smelly to yuck to what is that funk smell in the air. It never ever ever disappears and this is my 29th year suffering with this. It is soooo unfair!!!

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
by orange111
i thought i was the worst off person in the world, i remember back in school my m8s told me i had BB and my life was ruined.

guys, if you are brushing your mouth and cleaning your tongues with an anti-bacterial rinse (or baking powder) then have you considered mucus from the back of the throat, tonsils with the smelly white globes and or PNS ?

i need to find some bicarbonate of soda/baking powder to test, (i.e. rub and brush onto my tongue, gargle in my mouth and slowly let it trickle down my throat). also im going to try lemon in water - have a few water bottles and put some lemon juice in them - possible green limes instead of yellow lemons??

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:42 pm
by Archimonde
When my diet consists of the standard american diet (red meat, dairy), i can feel the shit/rotten smell in my mouth about 5-10 minutes after brushing. I have no way to prove this but i think i may be one of the worst case of halitosis in the world, i am the Michael Phelps of halitosis sufferers.

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:08 pm
by Busted
I thought that "title" was mine. I can brush my teeth for ten hours, I still wouldn't even have a bb-free moment of 1 sec.

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:23 am
by sadgirlbb
I'm just exhausted at the end of every day from worrying about my bb and hoping I didn't get close enough for anyone to be totally offended. I have a "personal space" (and its big) that I don't like people getting into. Sometimes I even jump when someone gets too close to me.... and it makes them jump. I'm just SO tired.

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:23 am
by mizz123
I'm so tired of this, why can't someone help us?

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:12 am
by lolalola
sadgirl, you have the same quirk as me. I never realize other people have some of the same strategies as me. LOL! Yes when someone moves closer than the imaginary line I have drawn. I get aggitated and it is very visible to the person coming towards me. Then they get annoyed and they think that you have some type of attitude problem. Yes I have jumped back and they look at me like I am crazy!!

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:07 pm
by Busted
The funny thing is that if you jump back, they will feel rejected or offended in some way.

So you have to make a choice between bad and bad. :?

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:41 pm
by Larc400
Zero seconds 8)

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:08 pm
by sadgirlbb
Yeah and its just like its a reflex with me.... the jumping back. I can't help it and then they just look at you.,.,,thinking you are a freak! I also suffer from full blown panic attacks. :(

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:09 pm
by lolalola
I have held my breath infront of someone for so long, I got lightheaded and had to sit down.

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:31 pm
by DRASTIC
Same here. when at work I would brush immediately after eating. But guess what? Within seconds of brushing I would get complains from people who kept rubbing their noses and just avoided me altogether like the plague. I remember seeing some people just coughing, and coughing, and coughing immediately after I walk by. Some even changed direction when they see me coming.

Please please Anyone ever mentioned to you that you smell of fish?
I had so many people say that to me. Ironic though. I cant smell it. One person even started a new conversation with fish in every sentence. How rude of them.


D

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:42 pm
by lolalola
Drastic is that called TMAU, when you have a fish smell.
I have fecal and yogurty breath.

Got this off the web, I am not sure but maybe?

This disease is Trimethylaminuria, or TMAU for short. It is a rare genetic disease that causes a defect in the body’s ability to normally produce Flavin containing monooxygenase 3 (FMO3). No big deal, right? Unfortunately not, though relatively harmless, Trimethylaminuria causes an offensive body odor that resembles rotting eggs and is released in the person’s sweat, urine and breath, giving off a strong fishy odor.