Page 1 of 1

Hi all, I need your help to decide

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:09 am
by sharon
what is the most probable cause of my bb?

By rubbing my tonsil with fingure, I'm 100% sure my left tonsil is stinking, and the smell is H2S like. But I can not find any tonsil stones, I can only feel my left tonsil is very unsmoothy, with a lot of crevices on it. This condition got worst when I eat sugar, including pure carbonhydrate like muffin, rice, bread. The condition got better when I use Biotene mouthwash and Closys mouthwash right before and after a quick meal.

At the same time, my sinus CAT scan shows I have deviated septum, my left nasal cavity is a lot narrower than the right one. I do have a lot of post nasal drip.

Do you think my problem is about my tonsil or nose? I don't know which surgery I should have first, septum or tonsils?

Thanks a lot!

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:19 am
by jc
I think you should ask your doctor as to which one needs more immediate medical attention.

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:18 pm
by sharon
neither, and the tonsillectomy is in my demand for the doctor said even the tonsils smell bad I don't have to take them out.
for the deviated septum, actually I don't have a lot of time with conjested nose, well maybe I'm just not conscious about it.


jc wrote:I think you should ask your doctor as to which one needs more immediate medical attention.

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:24 pm
by Larc400
How's your tongue/lingual tonsil odour? (very far back on tongue dorsum)

Re: Hi all, I need your help to decide

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:24 am
by Cured
sharon wrote:Do you think my problem is about my tonsil or nose? I don't know which surgery I should have first, septum or tonsils?
Just by pure statistics it's a no-brainer that a tonsillectomy would have the greatest chance by far of the two procedures at eliminating your bad breath, if it's going to happen at all. Deviated septum surgery is way down the list, and is iffy even then.

Besides a deviated septum should only affect breath odor in certain cases where the problem occurs before the air you breathe into your nose is taken back toward the mouth. If it the problem is higher up than that this isn't likely to cure your problem.

Re: Hi all, I need your help to decide

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:56 am
by sharon
thanks for your information, that is too helpful!
Cured wrote:
sharon wrote:Do you think my problem is about my tonsil or nose? I don't know which surgery I should have first, septum or tonsils?
Just by pure statistics it's a no-brainer that a tonsillectomy would have the greatest chance by far of the two procedures at eliminating your bad breath, if it's going to happen at all. Deviated septum surgery is way down the list, and is iffy even then.

Besides a deviated septum should only affect breath odor in certain cases where the problem occurs before the air you breathe into your nose is taken back toward the mouth. If it the problem is higher up than that this isn't likely to cure your problem.