Page 1 of 1
PASTA REALLY BAD ON MY BB
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:01 pm
by andysctt
Hi guys,
i eat alot of pasta. atleast 3 days a week. anywayz just noticed two days ago, an hour after lunch my bb was really bad. had pasta again today. my bb has kicked off again.
Does anyone else have the same prob
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:27 pm
by Eric
From what I've read on the forums, a decent amount of us, including myself, get strong BB after eating pasta.
Nobody really knows why

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:35 pm
by macks86
im just so lost on what foods trigger bb
i dont eat sugars/dairy/alchol/any kind of sauces/condiements etc/and avoid anything high in protein to avoid accellerating bacteria
i thought pasta was a safe bet... nothing offensive in it so why the bb
confused.com
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:46 pm
by Eric
Personally I think it might be the starch they put on it. I think after you're done eating the pasta the starch sticks in your mouth/esophagus and the BB bacteria populations there go to work.
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:09 pm
by Larc400
Pasta is probably the worst one for me. And peanuts I think. And cheese obviously.
I'm also confused regarding pasta though. My Swedish dentist said it creates like a coat on the tongue etc, i e it's sticky and stays there for longer than other food, and I guess maybe it contains something which the bacteria likes to eat. Still confusing though, as we've learnt that low-protein food should be okay...
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:35 pm
by DRASTIC
Hi all,
Same problem for me. I just dont eat pasta because the second I do then my breath goes bad. Same thing with mushrooms and red meat.
I recently went to a party/barbeque, and as you know food was present. They served me with red meat and mushroom among others. I wanted to vanish from the scene. I sat down ate what I could. Right after eating my breath became worst. Really worst. Just horrible. I heard one of them saying behind my back ew!!!! She smells horrible!!!!!
Needless to say, I never went back to their house for any parties or dinners or celebrations because of that. They keep on inviting me since but I never go over anymore.
D
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:57 pm
by Archimonde
Same here. Dairies, pasta, red meat and corn are the worst for me.
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:30 am
by faith59
[quote="macks86"]im just so lost on what foods trigger bb
i dont eat sugars/dairy/alchol/any kind of sauces/condiements etc/and avoid anything high in protein to avoid accellerating bacteria
Pasta is a carbohydrate which is a type of sugar . So that is probably why it gives us bad breath.
](./images/smilies/eusa_wall.gif)
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:23 am
by sharon
pasta is ok for me, and spaghetti's even one of my safest grain.
Egg, including all the the cakes, egg rolls, baked food with egg in it, are the worst for me.
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:25 am
by Archimonde
thats strange Sharon, i could eat a dozen egg a day and it wouldn't affect my breath at all.
I'm finding that anything that is fresh and hasn't been altered in any way doesn't worsen my breath, and anything that's been either canned/dried/modified/etc give me bad breath. Anyone else notice that or am i crazy?
I'm guessing that if i had been born a century earlier i wouldnt have bb, or if i'd been raised on a farm in a poor country where people eat only what they grow. The only way to verify this would be to live in the wild for a few months :/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758758/
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:20 am
by elliott
I'm thinking everything I eat makes my breath smell.
But here's some small advice. WATER. Drink a lot. It won't make your breath better, but it will prevent it from becoming worse. I finally realized why my breath would get really sour, and my mouth very pasty certain days and I tracked that down to the days where i don't drank over 1.5 ltr of water. Try it.