Page 1 of 1

Stomach Problems

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:09 pm
by DRASTIC
I have been having stomach problems as well over the past 3 years.

It all started 3 years ago when I started to lie down right after eating food.

I started to belch alot and when I belched I seemed to bring up food contents from my stomach. Today that happened to me. What seemed like a normal belch turned out to be food coming up from my stomach back into my mouth. I was sitting in a good posture at the time.

I really am shocked and worried. What do you guys think? Could this be a cause of my bad breath. I really am worried.

D

Stomach Problems

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:04 pm
by MeToo
Hi Drastic,

I'm new to the forum and have been viewing some of the comments and suggestions for the last week. I used to have stomach problems that stemmed from eating and then lying down and I woke up in the mornings feeling full. My bowels in turn were sluggish too and I didn't go but every 2-3 days. As a result, I had constant stomach noises that others could hear. My aunt who is a nurse told me to stay up at least 1 hour after eating to give my food time to digest. I was also taking papaya enzymes to help with digestion at that time which helped some. I still have bad breath, but, I don't have the stomach problems anymore and haven't taken the papaya enzymes for quite some time.

A friend of mine told me that she drinks a small cup of hot lemon juice every morning and I tried this with a little artificial sweetner and found that it helps with my digestion. It also helps to clear out my bowels and whatever mucous is in my throat. It's quite soothing to drink first thing in the morning or late at night before bed. You may want to try it everyday or every other day for awhile until you're cleared out. You may have undigested food rotting in your body. I drink 1/3 to 1/4 cup of it maybe twice a week now and I feel pretty good. Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:20 pm
by DRASTIC
Hi MeToo,

I have stomach problems like bloating, gas, belching all the time, heartburn symptoms etc. Also, I get a hunger feeling even after eating food. I eat alot but cant seem to gain any weight stuck at 8 stone.

How is your bad breath after taking the lemon and water daily?You mentioned improvements in your stomach but any improvements in your bad breath?

D

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:33 pm
by MeToo
The breath is a little better after the lemon juice, but, I think I need my tonsils out. I had a lot of gas before also. You may want to try the papaya enzymes that I mentioned. That helped me with my gas. It helps your food digest better. I got them from a health food store and they taste like candy. The hot lemon juice helped to clear out my bowels. Are you having regular bowel movements? If you are hungry after eating, I wonder if you have a tape worm that you're feeding. Have you done any parasite cleanses?

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:50 pm
by DRASTIC
Hi MeToo,

I have regular bowel movements everyday atleast once and sometimes twice. I have done a cleanse for parasite two months ago and followed up with it last month. So, generally I am ok in that department. Still have bad breath though the kind that can be smelled if I still close my mouth and the kind that fills the room even if my mouth is closed.

D

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:37 am
by elliott
Sounds like an acid problem or even Hiatal Hernia, which I suspect a few of us on this board have.

That used to happen to me when I ate too big of a meal. Now i try to eat smaller meals. I also avoid obvious acidic foods, like tomato products, liquor, spicy food, etc.

At the end of the day, though, it still stinks, and I'm not sure anything I can do will help completely. I am curious about that medical procedure to tighten the stomach valve to keep food in the stomach, where it can properly digest.

Oh, I also have problems gaining weight, and it could possibly be relevant. If the food isn't digesting properly, maybe our body isn't absorbing all of it. I'm fairly sure undigested rotten food lurking in the esophagus isn't helping add pounds.

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:02 pm
by DRASTIC
Hi Elliot,

I too began to suspect more than one reason for my bad breath. The last time I went to the dentist she refused to do anything to it and suggested stomach as a possible cause.

I also have tonsil crypts so I think stomach and tonsils combine could be the reason for breath. But I really think that if if can be smelled when my mouth is still closed then the air must be coming from my stomach.

D

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:24 pm
by iva
eilott,

I agree with u - most of us have stomach problems and since no medications seem to help, maybe surgery or endoscopic procedures are the the answer. I would really like to hear from s.o. who has had bb and stomach problems and has had surgery..