Page 1 of 1

BAKING SODA

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:36 pm
by halihope
Last night I brushed teeth with regular pasta and baking soda and this morning I did not have the ugly film or terrible taste in my mouth, don't know how strong my bb was. After breakfast I did the same thing, placed toothpaste on toothbrush and dipped it in the baking soda and brushed teeth and tongue and feel cleaner than other times but a bit dry. My teeth and gums feel clean and not covered by the ugly film. :?

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:54 pm
by orange111
hi, do you wash your mouth with baking soda and Also apply it to your tongue?

how many times a day do you do it?

also, how long does your breath stay fresh until you experience the lousy taste in your mouth?

i have pnd and started today mixing lime juice with baking soda and in warm water, and putting it up my nose and take it back through my throat and mouth

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:56 pm
by mindyb
baking soda helps me, I think. However I am off it due to being pregnant.
I have the worst pregnancy heartburn ever right now and I think swallowing it helps me most. So If I were to swallow it now, my heartburn would probably kill me and the baby, so I am off it for 6 more weeks!
However I do think the b.s. is an aid. I can't wait to start using it again full force. I do use it on a tung brush, but I truly think it needs to hit my throat on the way down.
Does anyone use Arm and Hammer brand toothpaste? I always forget to look for it. Maybe straight b.s. is better?

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:32 am
by halihope
Last night was the second night I brush teeth with baking soda, rinse, floss, brush teeth and tongue with baking soda again and slept until 10 am and woke up not just refreshed but WITH NO ugly film in mouth! My morning breath was not as strong as always. I am not using a mouth wash or rinse, I am not doing nasal rinses. I do this morning and night. I also like to place toothpaste in mouth and chew on it so that it will go into every little space between teeth and molars until it gets watery then spit it out, place more toothpaste on toothbrush, dip toothbrush into the baking soda and brush. Honestly I don't even notice if that ugly film comes back so tomorrow I will keep that in mind.

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:31 pm
by orange111
im using arm and hammer toothpaste and i put baking soda in warm water, gargle with it, dip my brush in it and brush my tongue. i also snort the water through my nostrils and try and get it through my mouth.
i think this is helping but it will take time to see.

next is to buy the hydrogen peroxide and mix it with BS and gargle with it

Edit:

from everything i've gathered about chronic BB, i believe
its an imbalance in oral flora.
the bacteria causing BB seem to be most active at the back of the tongue, throat and on the tonsils. if we can keep these in check through probiotics (increase of good bacteria), and killing off the bad bacteria (baking soda, other items too) then hopefully it should provide relief for some period