WHAT PEOPLE THINK
Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:51 am
One would think an intelligent attractive woman wouldnt care what other people think. One would think that someone that looks like me would know to brush their teeth or better yet, their tongue. As a teacher of children I am in the position of a role model. Kids should want to be like me. Since I teach primary grades I should even be teaching HEALTH which includes brushing your teeth.
It really sucks that people think I have poor hygeine. I dont My toothbrush is always in my purse. I brush at recess, lunch, as I wake up, once I arrive at work again, after work when there are meetings....all for nothing. People think I stink and I dont know that all I need to do is brush my teeth. I feel like not working anymore. These people dont know how much courage it takes just to work. It takes courage just to leave the house.
For some reason my mother doesnt smell it. She says its all in my head. The kids smell it, they think their comments are inaudible. Co workers smell it, they smirk when I am forced to sit near them at staff meetings. My friend smells it. It really broke my heart. A couple days ago we were talking about some guy and I was ranting that he just wanted to sleep with me. She Blurted out " He wanted your stinky breath." I was so shocked. I had to ask her to confirm what I hear, she said it was just a joke. I havent spoken to her since. I would expect that a REAL FRIEND would just pull me aside and tell me this with some sensitivity, not blurt it out as some inside joke that she had to herself. It undermined all the friendship I thought we had. All the times I asked her if my breath smelled in public places and she said "No"
I have tried dentists, medical doctors, digestive enzymes, and I brush and floss so well the dentist said I had no tartar when she looked at my teeth. Im a single female with no kids. At this rate I will never get married and have any. Im too paranoid to make new friends because I never know when my breath is really offensive so I assume it always is. This is really driving me to a great depression, especially after that impaling comment from my only so called friend. I dont even want to make friends anymore.
Ya, what people think really does matter.
It really sucks that people think I have poor hygeine. I dont My toothbrush is always in my purse. I brush at recess, lunch, as I wake up, once I arrive at work again, after work when there are meetings....all for nothing. People think I stink and I dont know that all I need to do is brush my teeth. I feel like not working anymore. These people dont know how much courage it takes just to work. It takes courage just to leave the house.
For some reason my mother doesnt smell it. She says its all in my head. The kids smell it, they think their comments are inaudible. Co workers smell it, they smirk when I am forced to sit near them at staff meetings. My friend smells it. It really broke my heart. A couple days ago we were talking about some guy and I was ranting that he just wanted to sleep with me. She Blurted out " He wanted your stinky breath." I was so shocked. I had to ask her to confirm what I hear, she said it was just a joke. I havent spoken to her since. I would expect that a REAL FRIEND would just pull me aside and tell me this with some sensitivity, not blurt it out as some inside joke that she had to herself. It undermined all the friendship I thought we had. All the times I asked her if my breath smelled in public places and she said "No"
I have tried dentists, medical doctors, digestive enzymes, and I brush and floss so well the dentist said I had no tartar when she looked at my teeth. Im a single female with no kids. At this rate I will never get married and have any. Im too paranoid to make new friends because I never know when my breath is really offensive so I assume it always is. This is really driving me to a great depression, especially after that impaling comment from my only so called friend. I dont even want to make friends anymore.
Ya, what people think really does matter.