Page 1 of 1
Think of one moment more than others where you wish you were
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:43 pm
by lolalola
free of bb.
The one day out of the 30 years I asked and hoped that I would be spared of bb was the day I got married. Nope, no rescue!!
So here I was with my bb and guests are coming over to say congratulations and I am smiling at them without saying anything back. My hubby is all smiles and chatting with each guest, thank God!!!
If I was a guest there I would have assumed the bride (me) is a weirdo or had an attitude problem or they must have smelled the bb and got grossed out. I have never ever been to a wedding where the bride and groom had bb, I know because that would stick out in my mind.
I have never ever had one day free of bb and just one day, one day I had hoped I would be spared. WHAT A JOKE!!!
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:56 pm
by DRASTIC
lolalola. I feel your pain. Atleast you found a husband who doesnt mind that you have bad breath. So be positive about that.
Drastic
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:09 pm
by lolalola
True drastic but it sucks the way I change when we are around our family and friends. I get quiet and weird and avoid sitting next to people. This does bother my husband, he says he no longer smells the bb, but I think that is because he is immune. My 2 nieces sit close to me and one is older and not once has she said anything about the bb. I think they get used to it.
It is the other people who will let you know or show that they can smell it.
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:29 pm
by DRASTIC
I so relate to you lolalola.
My boyfriend's mother came to stay with us in our flat.
BAD IDEA.
She started to give me bad feelings. like turning away when I speak.
I even tried not to sit close to her but that caused a problem and my boyfriend got upset. I told him off.
Anyways, I get invited to his family/cousins party /dinners. I dont go. They are lovely people but I cant be around them. I overheard one of them saying quietly behind my back' she smells.
My boyfriend is upset that I dont go out anymore and it is causing a rift between us. Much more than badbreath.
He told me that he bought tickets for us to go out in October and he said dont even think up any excuse why you cant go. Well, I told him outright that I dont want to go. I cant bear to be in a crowded public place sitting next to other people.
I think me not going out anymore is destroying our relationship. He says he is tired of telling his family that I am sick. He is more tired of my excuses than anything else.
Drastic
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:50 pm
by halihope
DRASTIC listen to you! YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND who doesn't care of your bb or is no longer smelling it, hang on to him!!! If he wants to go out with you then make a plan, tell him to do all the talking and to stay close to you. Do not push him away and try not to notice people's reactions. Hang in there!
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:12 am
by crazybb
Oh I wish I can be bb free for a whole day. I now go about my day chewing gum. I just pray I find something that will keep my breath clean for at least a day so that I can start dating again.
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:28 am
by bleh
n/a
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:44 am
by DRASTIC
Hi Halihope,
I isolate myself and maybe pushing my boyfriend away. He says he cant understand why I am like this. But I do think that he smells my breath. He does because he rubs his nose and to tell you the truth.
Halihope. When we go to his family he complains later than I dont talk to them that I am too quiet. Then I tell him off for leaving me alone with his family. Anywhich way I am stressed. When I am around him I feel comfortable no stress but bring others into the picture and I get panic attacks.
I just cant bear to sit next to someone at a concert or wherever else he wants to take me. I simply cant go. If he doesnt understand, then tough luck. I decide not to put myself into that position again. People say mean things to me when I go out.
Drastic
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:25 pm
by lolalola
Drastic, I totallllllly know what you are saying. I was thinking to myself why do I keep declining invitations that my hubby is invited to but I can't help it. I tell him to go on without me, I hate hate having people try to chat with me. I start sweating, get quiet, grab food and shove it in my mouth while I am talking. Too disgusting!
I cannot even describe when I look through magazines and see successful women traveling and doing all the things that I always wanted to do but I know I can't. I always wanted to work in fashion etc but how can I with the bb??? I have always been an underachiever in all aspects because of this disease. I hate when people say you can do it, go for it because the element of bb is something that no one is taking into equation!!! I am by no means lazy and always keep trying as long as it does not include socializing with others.
Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:58 pm
by lolalola
Bleh when I used to chew gum like spearmint or winterfresh, it used to taste like sh*t and mint. It is a vile taste and I am sure the smell that comes out must be appalling to people who smell it.
Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:09 am
by daveparker
^thats y u chew on flavored gum...

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:15 am
by crazybb
Yeah I agree with you lolalola on the mint gum. However have you tried chewing on fruit flavored gum. Those work fine for me (i.e mask any odour).