I havnt been to a doctor about my bb yet, mainly because i know they wont listen to me and will just throw anitbiotics my way to get rid of me. i know people have had bad experiences with using antibiotics as a cure, sometimes it even makes it worse.
but i was thinkin, if probiotics are working for me, maybe antibiotics could work and be the last kick to rid this breath? then i could load up on probiotics and hope the bad bacteria never return.
Does anyone have any advice or opinions on the use of antibiotics?
would be much appreciated, thanks.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Antibiotics
HI Sammy,
I have been doing some research today and found out that antibiotics dont
do a good job of killing bad bacteria. It does do a very very good job of killing good bacteria.
Not sure I would go along that route of taking antibiotics.
I remember taking antibiotics for 3 days and it increased the bad
bacteria responsible for diarhea. Somehow it increases that type of bacteria or causes that bad bacteria to flourish while killing all the good ones.
Think carefully about the antibiotic. Might cause more harm than good since they do a very poor job of killing the bad bacteria. I guess that would explain why I still had Chronic halitosis while taking antibiotic.
I have taken so much over the years starting when I was a teenager for acne purposes right up to present timefor sinus infections.
Drastic
I have been doing some research today and found out that antibiotics dont
do a good job of killing bad bacteria. It does do a very very good job of killing good bacteria.
Not sure I would go along that route of taking antibiotics.
I remember taking antibiotics for 3 days and it increased the bad
bacteria responsible for diarhea. Somehow it increases that type of bacteria or causes that bad bacteria to flourish while killing all the good ones.
Think carefully about the antibiotic. Might cause more harm than good since they do a very poor job of killing the bad bacteria. I guess that would explain why I still had Chronic halitosis while taking antibiotic.
I have taken so much over the years starting when I was a teenager for acne purposes right up to present timefor sinus infections.
Drastic
Larc,
What I meant was that when I took antibiotics it felt like most of the good bacteria were killed whilst little of the bad bacteria were.
Anyways, antibiotic kills all bacteria they dont really discriminate but to me it seems like taking antibiotic for me I got diahrea every time after a few days. So some bad bacteria could still be there causing me to get the diahrea.
Larc, sources may differ but I read it somewhere cant find the source now but it said that antibiotics kill both good and bad bacteria but seems to do a better job at killing the good bacteria.
Anyways, if you and sammy want to try the antibiotic approach by all means go ahead. Just let me know the outcome of it whether it worked or not. It would be good for someone to try it and feedback if it works. I get diarhea within days of trying antibiotic so cant try it myself. So, if anybody tries this method please let me know.
What I meant was that when I took antibiotics it felt like most of the good bacteria were killed whilst little of the bad bacteria were.
Anyways, antibiotic kills all bacteria they dont really discriminate but to me it seems like taking antibiotic for me I got diahrea every time after a few days. So some bad bacteria could still be there causing me to get the diahrea.
Larc, sources may differ but I read it somewhere cant find the source now but it said that antibiotics kill both good and bad bacteria but seems to do a better job at killing the good bacteria.
Anyways, if you and sammy want to try the antibiotic approach by all means go ahead. Just let me know the outcome of it whether it worked or not. It would be good for someone to try it and feedback if it works. I get diarhea within days of trying antibiotic so cant try it myself. So, if anybody tries this method please let me know.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.