Your Email Address:

First Name:

Breakthrough.GERD has seriously to do with BB

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
viva
Advanced

Breakthrough.GERD has seriously to do with BB

Post by viva »

Guys,I've just from ENT doctor.

You'll never believe,I've foung a major cause of my remaining halitosis and bad taste in the mouth.

It's GERD or Acid Reflux

I couldn't believe at first,but I have a supporting evedence-camera pictures.

Doc inserted camera in my nose and went down to throught and I saw with my own eyes eusophagus open and the white liguid there and the same liquid in the throught all over vocal cords.

I used to blame my sinus for this white drainage,but sinus according camera and city scan is perfectly healthy.

Archimonde
Super Angel

Re: Breakthrough.GERD has seriously to do with BB

Post by Archimonde »

viva wrote:

Doc inserted camera in my nose and went down to throught and I saw with my own eyes eusophagus open and the white liguid there and the same liquid in the throught all over vocal cords.

What did the doc say when he saw that? Did he say it's what's causing your bb or is that your own diagnosis? What's the cause? What's the treatment? Give us something lol.
viva
Advanced

Post by viva »

Doc said that this cases sour or bitter taste depending what I eat and respectively Bad smell.He could feel the smell of the food I ate though I brushed my teeth and tounge carefully and my dental and bacteriloogical cause of BB was eliminated long time ogo.
He also told that it's more common for old people
I trully have indigestion.I got used to it and didn't take care of that for years.
ENT refered me to a gastro doctor for GERD.
So I'll find out the cause and the treatment.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Thanks! Did you ever have shit breath, or only sour+bitter ?
viva
Advanced

Post by viva »

I did have shitty breath due to sulfur valatile compoud I posted the info in How I cured my fecal breath.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

viva wrote:ENT refered me to a gastro doctor for GERD.
So I'll find out the cause and the treatment.
Viva

sorry to tell u this, but I think there is no cure for GERD..
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

There is no cure for GERD but you can take medicine to reduce acid reflux. Also your diet can play a major factor too.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Shouldn't this mean your breath smells more like the inside of your stomach = like vomit / stomach acid etc? Is that how your breath has been described? Do you also get 'heartburns' (=a pain in your chest area)?

I've been suspecting that I might have too *little* stomach acid, coz I do get reflux, but never with the acid taste, or burning feeling. Mine is more like a reflux when I lie down sleeping on my left side, I can wake up feeling very sick - like I have to throw up...

8)
iva
Master

Post by iva »

ithurts wrote:There is no cure for GERD but you can take medicine to reduce acid reflux. Also your diet can play a major factor too.
Reducing acid reflux makes no difference for bb, at leat not for me..
Yes, my bb smells like the stomach content, like vomit, thouh I get no burning feeling nor any of the typical GERD symptoms. Just sour taste and bb, occasional bloating..
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

God I wish my bb smelt of vomit instead of shit :roll:
Artery
Total Newbie

Post by Artery »

What nonsense are you people talking about. There is a cure for GERD. If your GERD is not severe you can control it by taking antacids and sleeping with your back elevated. But if your GERD is severe and no medication helps there is the nissen operation. I have also GERD although i dont get food/acid thrown back into my mouth and i can control the acid via antacids. The bad breath that can be caused by GERD is not bad. It smells little like puke or if your PH level of your acid is too low, sour. But it does not smell like chronic BB and can be cured so dont panic and write stuff that will make other people panic. Change your diet, sleep elevated (or on your left side, like i do), take antacids and you will have no BB from GERD.
asd
Master

Post by asd »

How did you cure the bacterial/dental cause viva?

This seems like a possibility for me I think. How can you get checked?xx
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

asd,

have you decided to do the surgery? are you doing it privately or NHS.

The hospital admissions called me to see if I available immediately. They told me to call them back Monday for a date.

I am so excited but nervous as well.
asd
Master

Post by asd »

Thats great news Drastic, I really am pleased for you.
I have been given the letter of referral to see the private ENT, who will then remove the tonsils, or possibly just say he wont do it. I'm not sure, but he probably will, because if the NHS who are anti tonsillectomy think its worth doing then surely he will too, I'll just give him the same story.
So I'm a step closer, but nothing is in the bag, this gerd thing is starting to really make sense for me though....
xxxx
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi asd,

Good news for you that you get your letter from ENT.

The ball is in your court now because you can get it done in less than 2 weeks from today if you see a private ENT in London. So your appointment may happen faster than mine.

Anyhow, i am going to call them back on Monday just to find out what is happening.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic