Anyone having minor gum problems
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:35 pm
I had my regular general dentistry checkup this morning. She said that there was minor inflamation on the edge of the gums - and in fairness they are a bit red. However, I am using a soft brush and have been shown often enough how to brush.
Is it the fact that I am brushing too much (average 4x per day? She said that I did not have gum disease as such but that this was the starting point for it.
I find it very frustrating if I cant get the basics right - or is it a case that whatever way this disorder is functioning, it leaves the mouth full of excess bacteria anyway -> bacteria = plaque = slight gum problems??
Don't mean to sound arrogant but you can find people who dont brush at all and dont have bad breath like we do(although they could have other dental problems).
Are any of the rest of you experiencing this problem?
Is it the fact that I am brushing too much (average 4x per day? She said that I did not have gum disease as such but that this was the starting point for it.
I find it very frustrating if I cant get the basics right - or is it a case that whatever way this disorder is functioning, it leaves the mouth full of excess bacteria anyway -> bacteria = plaque = slight gum problems??
Don't mean to sound arrogant but you can find people who dont brush at all and dont have bad breath like we do(although they could have other dental problems).
Are any of the rest of you experiencing this problem?