Page 1 of 1

Coeliac disease and bad breath

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:26 pm
by DRASTIC
Hi People, I just realised something.

I cannot digest gluten-wheat, barley, rye products. I feel sick whenever I have them. Especially if I have beer. One sip and I get dizzy about to fall asleep.

I havent had bread in a while and so I had been feeling great.

Well I has some last night and believe me after eating the bread I started belching foul gas from my mouth. It smelled disgusting.

Today I kept going to the loo and have the moust foul smelling gas all day. Today I could smell my bad breath full blast. Sort of like methane. The same smell outside my door.

I am going to get tested for it soon. But I think this is no co-incidence.

Anyone think there could be a connection?

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:03 pm
by asd
before I found this forum I found a thread similar, couple of guys with PND and BB, one of them cured it in the end after a bout 2 years of comments by going gluten free.
Definitely worth a shot, wikipedia also mentions that there is anecdotal evidence of PND stopping after people give up gluten, but by medical standards theyw ere not allergic to gluten xx

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:38 pm
by Archimonde
That wouldn't explain why our breath gets 10x worse when we eat beef, dairy products, corn, etc. Probably the 3 worst things for my breath.

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:24 pm
by Larc400
Archimonde wrote:That wouldn't explain why our breath gets 10x worse when we eat beef, dairy products, corn, etc. Probably the 3 worst things for my breath.
What if you eat raw corn? ;)