Page 1 of 1

the long term sufferers.

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:25 am
by asd
Something that I am curious about, is what have those with long term halitosis, eg. 10 or more years. What have you been doing? Have you been searching for a cure non stop? or living in denial? or just putting up with it?
I have only suffered for about 4 years. The first 2 and a half I didnt really know or care, I dont think it was that bad, and my life was sweet anyways. So I have only really been down with it for a year and a bit.
Its hard for em to imagien 20years of it though. But the longer I have it the more I can imagine those 20 years just passing me by, with no real progress. Therefore, it also made me think that I should be making some sort of progress all the time. This does not include trying random medicines and supplements, but having something more influential in the works. For example I am moving towards a tonsillectomy then after that I will move on ffor wisdom teeth extraction, etc.

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 am
by halitosisux
Hi asd,

I've been aware of my BB since 15, im now 38. Its always there night and day. I had complaints about it right through childhood, but it never bothered me then. My life revolves around making sure that other people cant smell me, and trying to survive along with help from other family members. It takes over your life and manifests itself both mentally and physically. You dont imagine yourself possibly surviving for very long, but yet here i am still at 38 living in this distorted contorted existance. The years just passed me by, i dont really notice the passage of time because my days are all the same emptiness. Hell sounds like relief compared to this.

What keeps me going is the everyday reminders from those who are BB-free. Knowing that the only thing which means the difference between life and this shit-life is bacterial activity on my tongue. I know im going to solve this problem one way or another. In recent years i have been committed to dealing with another family member's problems, and i havent been able to focus on anything but that. But now i can resume and im determined as ever.

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:49 pm
by TeamZissou
A positive attitude will make all the difference halitosisux. I really believe we're closing in on an answer to this problem.

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:49 pm
by guzler
what about suffring for the last fricking 35 years .

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:29 pm
by Archimonde
Guzler, how old are you?

I always thought it was strange that the vast majority of BB sufferers on these forums are 30something or younger, very rarely older than that. I wonder if chronic fecal bb even existed in the 50s or before, it seems like it's a modern age disease, i.e, when men introduced chemicals/hormones/etc into the food chain.

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:20 am
by TeamZissou
Younger people use the internet more.

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:24 am
by Archimonde
TeamZissou wrote:Younger people use the internet more.
So that would mean there are just as many older people with fecal bb? I don't know, it seems to me like it's a condition for people who grew up in the 80s, 90s. Is there even one person on this board who's 50+ year old? If there isn't, you don't find this strange at all?

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:48 am
by Ahmad
Archimonde wrote:
TeamZissou wrote:Younger people use the internet more.
So that would mean there are just as many older people with fecal bb? I don't know, it seems to me like it's a condition for people who grew up in the 80s, 90s. Is there even one person on this board who's 50+ year old? If there isn't, you don't find this strange at all?
Hi! i realy miss you all
i remeber when i was 13 years old, i was reading islamic book about the famous people with disabilities it was saying that Umayyad Caliph al-Walid I ibn Abd al-Malik was suffering from chronic bad breath, which the book calls 'al bukhrah', in arabic. the book even said that some poeple made jokes behind the caliph, saying that flies use to dye when flying near his mouth.
Anyhow what i am trying to say is bad breath is an ancient, i don't know why the modern doctors don't whnt to recognize it!

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:34 pm
by guzler
arch, im 40 years old , arch do you also post on the french forum i saw your user name .

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:55 pm
by paddy
Archimonde wrote:Guzler, how old are you?

I always thought it was strange that the vast majority of BB sufferers on these forums are 30something or younger, very rarely older than that. I wonder if chronic fecal bb even existed in the 50s or before, it seems like it's a modern age disease, i.e, when men introduced chemicals/hormones/etc into the food chain.
I'm in my fifties. I was first told I had BB when I was about 15. I've lived with chronic halitosis since then.