Your Email Address:

First Name:

H. pylori and Manuka Honey

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Snobuni
Sheriff

H. pylori and Manuka Honey

Post by Snobuni »

I just read, on another forum, about someone who'd been diagnosed with H. pylori and had bb, they were due to start on antibiotics, but had tried Manuka honey first. They seemed to think it had helped with their digestion and bad breath as it has a strong antibacterial action.

Has anyone tried this before? Did it help?

TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

What makes it different than regular honey?
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Its made from honey from bees who collect the pollen from the manuka tree in New Zealand, this tree has antibacterial qualities. It's supposed to be particularly good for bad bacteria in the intestines. It's quite expensive though, so I wanted to know if anyone had tried it before I waste my money!!!
Charley
Junior

Re: H. pylori and Manuka Honey

Post by Charley »

Snobuni wrote:Has anyone tried this before? Did it help?
I tried it for a few months, for general well being more than anything. Used UMF 10. It made no difference to bb, in fact probably didnt do it any favours to be honest, sugar related etc.

Having said that I just had a few spoonfuls (because of the cost) in hot water several times a day, sometimes with lemon, maybe there is a different way to try it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic