Ever Asked Any 1?ok Im not saying Halitophobia is true but..
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:59 pm
Okay I really have to tell you guys this story.
Okay it was 8th grade when people told me my b stinked as soon as when i opened my mouth. So I started brushing.. bla bla bla... ...>>>{Fast Forward}....>> highschool days were tough off course although I did not ever talk on anyone's face directly, no one knew I had any such problem, I was just extremely clever about it, and had to tweak my personality, and be reserved....... Tried TheraBreath, learnt about nasal irrigation........
As spent my 20's I realized that it was getting really hard for me stay in competition with friends, with work life and with relationships. I saw myself with a lot less attractive girls than myself, and everything seemed extremely hard. I remember daring to open my mouth at family convention only to have a little cousin tell me that my b stinked.
So i turn 25 and I see myself getting lazy. Quit my job, going full time school, and not doing good in school. ... by the way i have one year to graduate now.
And then October this year.. still 25, I find this forum after out of frustration i start looking for answers on the web.
So i meet this girl, here on the forumz (i'm not going to name her), i drive to this place to meet her and she gets out of her car and approaches my car extremely worried about her breath, similarly, I was very paranoid about mine.
But as we got closer and closer and even after she got in my car, we could not smell anything off of each other. She asked me to just test it on her on full blast and I did and she said she did not smell anything.
Later i meet her for dinner and this time she tests on me and blew on my face too and all i smelled was chewing gum lolll.
On my way back home i stop by three different shopping arcades, and no reaction.
At this time I am happy but at the same time I am tripping out of my mind thinking about the past and wondering, if I had cured my bb several years ago and if i had wasted any of my life due to halitophobia.
The Next day...I go all confident into school offcourse, telling myself that I am not gonna care for any one touching their nose because thats just a habbit people have.
Another thing i want to point out that when i believe i have bb, and i go and talk close on someone's face, my eyes naturally drawback and my facial expression is not very inviting, and naturally, its human instinct that when a person looks at you making a bad face and see your eyes draw back, he would also have a similar reaction.
So the very next day my friend calls me and asks me if i want to eat at subway, so i go there and i get bold and i bring it up. I tell him that I have a sinus infection bla bla......ask him to tell me the truth because if i truly did not have this problem l could cancel my appointment with the doctor. First of all he was like NO, I DONT SMELL ANYTHING", i was like nothing at all? and he was like nada, and it came to a point where he was like stoppp asking mee, dude u are fine, and i dont smell anything. But since i been telling him for a while that i had sinus and nasal bleeding (nasal bleeding was a lie), he told me to go to the doctor and tell him that i feel like I felt like I had bb but other people could not dectect it but right before we parted ways he reminded me again not to cancel my appointment. So That put me in doubt again.
So i started thinking of all the things that happened in the past, and i start to ponder.
This girl who i met through the forums was told by his mom, sister and a friend that she did not have bb either, and i swear when she blew on me it was like the freshest breath (smelled like winterfresh gum).
Ok so anyhow, i go all confident to school. I realize that when i was talking in class, this girl sitting infront of me starts checking her breath by spitting on the back of her hand and smelling.
Then at another occassion, when i was talking another girl who was sitting 2 rows infront of me started to put her jacket on her mouth. Not sure if she was trying to smell if her own breath or it could be that she was just bored.
Other bad reactions is that another girl that I am hanging out with was holding her nose while she was talking to me for few seconds. But that could be because we were hanging out for a long ass time and she realized that i was not talking to her on her face, and when i was i would cover my entire mouth. So maybe out of courtesy she held her nose so i can comfortably talk lol. It is possible that she might have assumed that i dont feel comfortable with my breath and done that.
Amoung the good reactions, I talked on my teacher's face and he was smiling and talking to me the whole time. And yes I literally talked right on his face.
But After I got all confident and started talking on people's face, the girls that were initially trying to start conversations with me in class, started to ignore me like I wasnt even there. Now there could be 2 reason for this too. One, because i have bb, Second -it could just be the fact that girls like mysterious guys and love talking to guys who stay within themselfves. And girls usually have an attitude towards guys who talk alot and try to pursue , because they think they are either looserz or Playerz.
lol. So now I am totally confused.
If I really do have halitophobia then jeezes christtt, that is just crazyyy, I would feel extremely dumb if i did.
Although I am pretty sure that i have bb. I really feel the need for someone to tell me that I do have it for sure and tell me how bad it is.
I might not have halitophobia, but it might be true that my breath is not as badd as i think it is
Quiet honestly, if this really does exist in my mind then I am pretty sure alot of you are also going through the same.
Specially if you know that you have bb, and you talk to someone, your facial expressions are going to be shitty, making the facial expression on the person you are talking to shitty as well.
By the way i went to the dentist and he told me i need deep cleaning ( one of their money making strategy) and he advised me to take my lower 2 wisdom teeth out because its half way in the gums and have deep pockets, so i will just get the lower 2 wisdom teeth removed and skip the cleaning because i cannot afford it rite now.
so try answering the following
1) state if anyone has ever told u have bb? (if yes, than keep in mind that it could be occasional).
2) Have you ever asked someone if you really do have it and what did they tell you? ( please elaborate everything they said, and tell relation you have with the person)
3) Tell me about your tests and how people reacted after you did a test on a random stranger?
4) Tell history about who and how many people have told you on your face directly or indirectly that your b stinks.
O AND I JUST WANT TO ADD THAT COUGHING IS NOT A B B REACTION.
IF A PERSON HAD BB, I WOULD JUST , WOULD PROBABLY JUST put MY FINGER COVERING BOTH MY NOSTRILS. SCRATCHING THE NOSE WOULD'NT HELP AND IS NOT A SIGN OF REACITON EITHER.
BY THE WAY PEOPLE FIDDLE WITH THEIR NOSE ALL THE TIME SPECIALLY WITH THE POLLENS, AND EVERY OTHER PERSON HERE IN VA HAS SOME SORT OF SINUS PROBLEM.
Okay it was 8th grade when people told me my b stinked as soon as when i opened my mouth. So I started brushing.. bla bla bla... ...>>>{Fast Forward}....>> highschool days were tough off course although I did not ever talk on anyone's face directly, no one knew I had any such problem, I was just extremely clever about it, and had to tweak my personality, and be reserved....... Tried TheraBreath, learnt about nasal irrigation........
As spent my 20's I realized that it was getting really hard for me stay in competition with friends, with work life and with relationships. I saw myself with a lot less attractive girls than myself, and everything seemed extremely hard. I remember daring to open my mouth at family convention only to have a little cousin tell me that my b stinked.
So i turn 25 and I see myself getting lazy. Quit my job, going full time school, and not doing good in school. ... by the way i have one year to graduate now.
And then October this year.. still 25, I find this forum after out of frustration i start looking for answers on the web.
So i meet this girl, here on the forumz (i'm not going to name her), i drive to this place to meet her and she gets out of her car and approaches my car extremely worried about her breath, similarly, I was very paranoid about mine.
But as we got closer and closer and even after she got in my car, we could not smell anything off of each other. She asked me to just test it on her on full blast and I did and she said she did not smell anything.
Later i meet her for dinner and this time she tests on me and blew on my face too and all i smelled was chewing gum lolll.
On my way back home i stop by three different shopping arcades, and no reaction.
At this time I am happy but at the same time I am tripping out of my mind thinking about the past and wondering, if I had cured my bb several years ago and if i had wasted any of my life due to halitophobia.
The Next day...I go all confident into school offcourse, telling myself that I am not gonna care for any one touching their nose because thats just a habbit people have.
Another thing i want to point out that when i believe i have bb, and i go and talk close on someone's face, my eyes naturally drawback and my facial expression is not very inviting, and naturally, its human instinct that when a person looks at you making a bad face and see your eyes draw back, he would also have a similar reaction.
So the very next day my friend calls me and asks me if i want to eat at subway, so i go there and i get bold and i bring it up. I tell him that I have a sinus infection bla bla......ask him to tell me the truth because if i truly did not have this problem l could cancel my appointment with the doctor. First of all he was like NO, I DONT SMELL ANYTHING", i was like nothing at all? and he was like nada, and it came to a point where he was like stoppp asking mee, dude u are fine, and i dont smell anything. But since i been telling him for a while that i had sinus and nasal bleeding (nasal bleeding was a lie), he told me to go to the doctor and tell him that i feel like I felt like I had bb but other people could not dectect it but right before we parted ways he reminded me again not to cancel my appointment. So That put me in doubt again.
So i started thinking of all the things that happened in the past, and i start to ponder.
This girl who i met through the forums was told by his mom, sister and a friend that she did not have bb either, and i swear when she blew on me it was like the freshest breath (smelled like winterfresh gum).
Ok so anyhow, i go all confident to school. I realize that when i was talking in class, this girl sitting infront of me starts checking her breath by spitting on the back of her hand and smelling.
Then at another occassion, when i was talking another girl who was sitting 2 rows infront of me started to put her jacket on her mouth. Not sure if she was trying to smell if her own breath or it could be that she was just bored.
Other bad reactions is that another girl that I am hanging out with was holding her nose while she was talking to me for few seconds. But that could be because we were hanging out for a long ass time and she realized that i was not talking to her on her face, and when i was i would cover my entire mouth. So maybe out of courtesy she held her nose so i can comfortably talk lol. It is possible that she might have assumed that i dont feel comfortable with my breath and done that.
Amoung the good reactions, I talked on my teacher's face and he was smiling and talking to me the whole time. And yes I literally talked right on his face.
But After I got all confident and started talking on people's face, the girls that were initially trying to start conversations with me in class, started to ignore me like I wasnt even there. Now there could be 2 reason for this too. One, because i have bb, Second -it could just be the fact that girls like mysterious guys and love talking to guys who stay within themselfves. And girls usually have an attitude towards guys who talk alot and try to pursue , because they think they are either looserz or Playerz.
lol. So now I am totally confused.
If I really do have halitophobia then jeezes christtt, that is just crazyyy, I would feel extremely dumb if i did.
Although I am pretty sure that i have bb. I really feel the need for someone to tell me that I do have it for sure and tell me how bad it is.
I might not have halitophobia, but it might be true that my breath is not as badd as i think it is
Quiet honestly, if this really does exist in my mind then I am pretty sure alot of you are also going through the same.
Specially if you know that you have bb, and you talk to someone, your facial expressions are going to be shitty, making the facial expression on the person you are talking to shitty as well.
By the way i went to the dentist and he told me i need deep cleaning ( one of their money making strategy) and he advised me to take my lower 2 wisdom teeth out because its half way in the gums and have deep pockets, so i will just get the lower 2 wisdom teeth removed and skip the cleaning because i cannot afford it rite now.
so try answering the following
1) state if anyone has ever told u have bb? (if yes, than keep in mind that it could be occasional).
2) Have you ever asked someone if you really do have it and what did they tell you? ( please elaborate everything they said, and tell relation you have with the person)
3) Tell me about your tests and how people reacted after you did a test on a random stranger?
4) Tell history about who and how many people have told you on your face directly or indirectly that your b stinks.
O AND I JUST WANT TO ADD THAT COUGHING IS NOT A B B REACTION.
IF A PERSON HAD BB, I WOULD JUST , WOULD PROBABLY JUST put MY FINGER COVERING BOTH MY NOSTRILS. SCRATCHING THE NOSE WOULD'NT HELP AND IS NOT A SIGN OF REACITON EITHER.
BY THE WAY PEOPLE FIDDLE WITH THEIR NOSE ALL THE TIME SPECIALLY WITH THE POLLENS, AND EVERY OTHER PERSON HERE IN VA HAS SOME SORT OF SINUS PROBLEM.