Page 1 of 1
any relief even if temporary???
Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:29 am
by halihope
Does anyone get bb relief for at least 3 to 5 hours??? If so, how? I would really like to know how to get temporary bb relief

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:56 pm
by Snobuni
The only thing that deadens my bb at all for a short while is chlorhexadine or straight vodka!!

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:15 pm
by Archimonde
If i could be BB free for 3 hours, i'd consider myself cured.
Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:04 am
by halihope
Snobuni I have the chlorhexadine but I don't use it much since I am taking meds. Once I used it as an emergency, I got a unexpected visitor and run to the bathroom and did not have time to brush my teeth and tongue. Tongue was coated white and I grabbed the bottle and gargled for about 5 seconds and it did worked for about 30 to45 minutes. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOUR BB AWAY and how long do you wait to drink water or other liquids after gargling or drinking vodka?
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:44 am
by iva
For the last 5 days I have been getting temporary relief for several hours and here is my routine:
-clean the lingual tonsil with cotton pad dipped in NXTO2
-clean the lingual tonsil with cotton pad dipped in water to wash away the NXTO2
-clean the tongue with TUNG BRUSH dipped in NXTO2
-scrape the tongue and rinse with water
-clean the tongue with TUNG GEL and scrape and rinse
-brush the teeth with Breezecare toothpaste and rinse
-PERIOBALANCE lozenge-allow it to disssolve slowly on the tongue.
-take NEXIUM and Gaviskon to reduce GERD
I do not dare to say that I am cured, but I definitely feel relieved and able to communicate reltively freely at least for several hours. So it proves that the problem I`ve had for the last 6 years and that has made me think of s*****e, is merely the oral flora. I am not sure why my oral flora has changed so dramatically to cause the chronic BB...
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:06 am
by Snobuni
Hey Halihope,
I've used chlorhexidine for a while, it usually only gives me short term relief for about 45 mins-1 hour, but I've been using it slightly diffeently lately and that seems to work for a a couple of hours as long as I don't eat anything.
I scrape my tongue, then brush it with CH, then I dip my floss in it and after flossing I rinse around my teeth with it, then after brushing (with a paste that doesn't interfer with the CH) I have a final rinse all round my mouth, on my tongue and gargle with the CH. This seems to deaden my bb alot but it always comes back later.
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:53 pm
by Vivian
For the past two days, i've been finding some temporary relief using white vinegar as a mouth wash.
I get my mouth as clean as I can, then brush my tongue with a little baking soda powder, then gargle with the vinegar.
If you use the search engine, you'll see that others have done this as well, but in the long run, it's not suppose to be good for your teeth. ~V
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:28 pm
by rich1988
Vivian wrote:For the past two days, i've been finding some temporary relief using white vinegar as a mouth wash.
I get my mouth as clean as I can, then brush my tongue with a little baking soda powder, then gargle with the vinegar.
If you use the search engine, you'll see that others have done this as well, but in the long run, it's not suppose to be good for your teeth. ~V
odd that that makes it better, vinegar to my mind would just seem to make things worse might give it a try though!
Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:50 am
by halihope
Snobuni thanks for your routine, I will try this specially on special occasions since I am suspecting the chlorhexidine might interfere with my meds. How long do you wait after doing your routine to drink water or other liquids?
Iva thanks for your routine but you list some stuff I would have to check with my nephrologist first.
I tried the vinegar and did not find any relief at all, also I tried the baking soda/warm water and no help
Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:47 am
by iva
Hi, Halihope
PerioBalance is a probiotic, but u may need to check with ur doctor. If u do not suffer from GERD, Nexium and Gaviskon are not necessary for u. My idea is that one should follow certain routine for the oral hygiene plus measures to eliminate, if possible, the main problem
Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:02 pm
by Busted
Nope, unfortenately there's nothing that can take away the smell. Not even for 1 sec.

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:18 pm
by lolalola
Archimonde wrote:If i could be BB free for 3 hours, i'd consider myself cured.
LOLOLOL!!!
I would have to agree, I would live my entire day around those 3 hours so for once in my life I can be happy being me!!