Candida or VSC....
Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:55 pm
I'm so confused!!! I was on the candida diet for 3 weeks now, but towards the third week, my body was craving grains (particular having a tasting for rice) that I cheated and ordered a quart of rice one night; and the next, sushi rolls. Needless to say, with the thanksgiving holiday, it just destroyed what little i accomplished for the past 3 weeks.
At the same time, it has me thinking....I'm not sure if I had/have candida?? I experienced no die-off symptoms; but I did feel faint a few times when I was in the shower. My roommate mentioned that when her mother was on the atkins diet, she also felt weak, but that was do to the lack of low carbs.
Being on the diet, I did notice a change in my bb, but I've always known that sugar makes it worse. But what discovered is that grain/rice doesn't. When I had the rice that night, and finished off the rest in the morning, I was expecting my bb to return somewhat back to it's strong smell, but it didn't; it actually was a bit better then it had been for the past three weeks. So I asked myself, what is it that I just did different. And it was that I didn't have any meat that night or in the morning with my rice. My breath was okay with eating rice, but meat/protein makes it a bit worse, and sugar defientnly brings out the fecal scent.
So, in doing the usual google search, I ran accross dr.'s katz webpage that discussed VSC's and how the four categories plays on sulfurs and makes the odor worse.
So now i'm wondering - atleast with me - is it that it's the VSC that is reacting to some of the things that we eat or is there really an issue with candida. The reality is, is that the medical world really doesn't recognize candida as being a serious problem. And alsmost anytime we've gone to different specialist, they'lll always say that 90% of the times the origin of the foul odor orginates from the mouth.
VSC is something that is known, but there really doesn't seem to be anything on the market that can seriously combat it. And that's scary!!!
As we all know, all of the over the counter remedies really cater to people who have occasional bb, or perhaps even suffering from halitophobia. It does nothing for people like us.
So what do we do....how do we get pharmacies, universities and doctors to really look into the severe bb suffers and come up with a solution to help combat VSC that for what ever reason does not allow us to indulge in many foods that other can consume. If they don't feel that they can make any money off of us....then there not going to really look into finding a solution.
So how do we combat this??? How do we get them to listen, and let them know that there is a market for us?? ANyone??
At the same time, it has me thinking....I'm not sure if I had/have candida?? I experienced no die-off symptoms; but I did feel faint a few times when I was in the shower. My roommate mentioned that when her mother was on the atkins diet, she also felt weak, but that was do to the lack of low carbs.
Being on the diet, I did notice a change in my bb, but I've always known that sugar makes it worse. But what discovered is that grain/rice doesn't. When I had the rice that night, and finished off the rest in the morning, I was expecting my bb to return somewhat back to it's strong smell, but it didn't; it actually was a bit better then it had been for the past three weeks. So I asked myself, what is it that I just did different. And it was that I didn't have any meat that night or in the morning with my rice. My breath was okay with eating rice, but meat/protein makes it a bit worse, and sugar defientnly brings out the fecal scent.
So, in doing the usual google search, I ran accross dr.'s katz webpage that discussed VSC's and how the four categories plays on sulfurs and makes the odor worse.
So now i'm wondering - atleast with me - is it that it's the VSC that is reacting to some of the things that we eat or is there really an issue with candida. The reality is, is that the medical world really doesn't recognize candida as being a serious problem. And alsmost anytime we've gone to different specialist, they'lll always say that 90% of the times the origin of the foul odor orginates from the mouth.
VSC is something that is known, but there really doesn't seem to be anything on the market that can seriously combat it. And that's scary!!!
As we all know, all of the over the counter remedies really cater to people who have occasional bb, or perhaps even suffering from halitophobia. It does nothing for people like us.
So what do we do....how do we get pharmacies, universities and doctors to really look into the severe bb suffers and come up with a solution to help combat VSC that for what ever reason does not allow us to indulge in many foods that other can consume. If they don't feel that they can make any money off of us....then there not going to really look into finding a solution.
So how do we combat this??? How do we get them to listen, and let them know that there is a market for us?? ANyone??