Your Email Address:

First Name:

laser cryptolysis

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ppp111
Total Newbie

laser cryptolysis

Post by ppp111 »

I had a cryptolysis couple days ago. Dr Krespi is not the only one in US who is an expert in this procedure. There are others - and they accept insurance so co-pay 10-20$ and no charge for laser is quite competitive. My tonsils still hurt little bit, and badbreath gets worse 1-2 weeks after procedure I was told. LAser cryptolysis is quite common procedure in children and I found somebody who has the same or level of expertise in bad breath topic and laser cryptolysis. I got very thourough exam and because of extent of my tonsil down to the throat with deeper crypts down there. My doc decided to do it in operating room settings with intubation and found quite of lot "cheesy junk" in the lower/deper ( closer to vocal cords ) end of my tonils where he had to go little bit deeper with laser. We ll see if it is going to work in 2 weeks, i have a follow up visit after procedure in 2 weeks so will try to keep you posted.
Last edited by ppp111 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

me
Advanced

Post by me »

but is what u got the same thing??
me
Advanced

Post by me »

sorry, i mean the procedure is it the lazer treatment ??
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

@ppp111: Can you let us know where you underwent this procedure? Did the practicioner mention Yahuda Finkelstein - as from my understanding, this procedure (or at least its specific use to solve bad breath) originates with him??
If I understand it, whilst you had crypts removed, they did not perform a tonsilectomy on you, correct?
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: laser cryptolysis

Post by Jimi Stein »

ppp111 wrote:I had a cryptolysis couple days ago. Dr Krespi is not the only one in US who is an expert in this procedure. There are others - and they accpet insurance so co-pay 10-20$ and no charge for laser is quite competitive. My tonsils still hurt little bit, and badbreath gets worse 1-2 weeks after procedure I was told. LAser cryptolysis is quite common procedure in children and I found somebody who has the same level of expertise in bad breath topic and laser cryptolysis. I got very thourough exam and becasue of extent of my tonsil down to the throat with deeper crypts down there my doc decided to do it in operating room settings with intubation and found quite o lot "cheesy junk" in the lower/deper ( closer to vocal cords ) end of my tonils where he had to go little bit deeper with laser. We ll see if it is going to work in 2 weeks, i have a follow up visit after procedure in 2 weeks so will try to keep you posted.
that is great
yes it is possible that the problems lies deep down in the throat near the vocal cords
because that may be the reason why bad breath gets stronger when we talk, because the vocal cords kind of shakes that area and the pus comes out or the crypts open up and the smell comes out. That is my theory.

I think we are closer and closer.

And I am sure that there must be other Laser surgeons in Los Angeles area for sure.
ppp111
Total Newbie

Post by ppp111 »

Yes my doc was really familliar with medical literature on halitosis especially from ENT perspective. He knew not only Finkelstein but also other publications - I like brazilian paper in English with pictures and explanations of cryptolysis technique. Yes I had cryptolysis - but he told me becasue i had a such big pockets down there (inferior part of my tonsils) if it is going to be difficult to reach them he might use local radioablation - but it was not ncecessary. So I had laser cryptolysis only. I still have my tonsils. So far I paid my co-pay and waiting for bill from hospital - but it should be covered by my insurance too.
Last edited by ppp111 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

so who is you doc
ppp111
Total Newbie

Post by ppp111 »

I have not asked my doc if I can give his/her name to this forum but when I see him/her I ll ask. Dr Finkelstein was the first one who published cryptolysis in 2004 but it does not mean there were not studies or case reports about this problem in med literature. From idea to get study done and then have it published it takes time smoetimes years. Therefore there are number of people in US familiar with the problem of bead breath as well. What I did i went to university hospitals and ask ENT residents/fellows/ENTs about who does laser procedure in those places. Most cities have med school or some medically active institutions. You know Dr Krespi becasue he was mentioned by Dr Finkelstein. But workshops, discussions and ENT national meetings about halitosis were even before Dr Finkelstein publsihed his article. So there are people trained with this laser procedure especially because it is not technically difficult. Dr Krespi i think decided that he does not want to deal with insurance so he does not need to hire more billing staff and he shifted that problems to his patients. So it is your responsibility to get a reimbursment from your insurance company. It does not mean he is not helpful but of course he is focus on financial aspect of that as well. He is one of few in US who gave a talk about this treatmetn in US. The best article about this technique is in Brazilian paper but i can not put this article here because of copyrights.
Last edited by ppp111 on Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

ppp111 wrote:The best article about this technique is in Brazilian paper but i can not put this article here because of copyrights.
Would it be possible for you to forward a copy to me by email on the basis that you have my word I will not post it here or anywhere else within the public domain?

Information is power - and I would like to educate myself a bit more on this.

Incidentally, how did you come across this paper in the first instance?...just curious - as I would like to make sure I am checking out the right places for good quality info on this subject.
bbboy
Total Newbie

Post by bbboy »

PPP111 Would you tell me in what city do you live? i want to know if there is a place in los angeles where i can go.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

ppp111 wrote:I have not asked my doc if I can give his/her name to this forum but when I see him/her I ll ask. Dr Finkelstein was the first one who published cryptolysis in 2004 but it does not mean there was not studies or case reports about this problem in med literature. From idea to get study done and the have it published it takes time smoetimes years. Therefore there are number of people in US familiar with the problemas well. What I did i went to university hospitals and ask ENT residents/fellows/ENTs about who does laser procedure. Most cities have med school or some active institutions. You know Dr Krespi becasue he was mentioned by Dr Finkelstein. But workshops, discussions and ENT meetings about halitosis were even before Dr Finkelstein publsihed his article. So there are people trained with this especially because it is not technically difficult procedure. Dr Krespi i think decided he does not want to deal with insurance so he does not need to hire more billing staff and he shifted that problems to his patient. So it is your responsibility to get a reimbursment from your insurance company. It dose not mean he is not helpful but of course he is focus on financial aspect of that as well. He is one of few in US who gave a talk about this treatmetn in US. The best article about this technique is in Brazilian paper but i can not put this article here because of copyrights.
Look man something doesnt look good here. Are you worried about the copyright? It aint your newspaper or is it. You did not publish the article, or did you. You do not have nothing to do with brasilian ents right?

So cut the bull man. I will be responsible for copyright not you, nobody knows your identity. And I am sure that if you copy that article the newspaer wil not complain if you add the source at the bottom.

:roll:
ppp111
Total Newbie

Post by ppp111 »

this is the reference for the article

Photomed Laser Surg. 2006 Oct;24(5):630-6. Links
CO(2) Laser Cryptolysis by Coagulation for the Treatment of Halitosis.Rio AC, Passos CA, Nicola JH, Nicola EM.
Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas (UNICAMP), Campinas, Brazil.
me
Advanced

Post by me »

now that you mention that your doctor found lot of junk near your vocal cords i think that big part of the problem might be coming from there since i got bad brath i feel like i have a cat ball stuck :D and most of the doctors even ents dont really look deep down the thorat.
me
Advanced

me

Post by me »

so its been a while now how do u feel still bad breath??a lil less maybe??
ppp111
Total Newbie

Post by ppp111 »

Still hurts and as per ENT follow up the area is still swollen. BB is not completetely gone because swelling and irritation of that area. He told that BB gets worse just after the procedure and slowly goes down. But because my crypts were quite deep it might be 2-3more weeks until i see the diference he said. What i noticed i used to have feeling of having a forign body in my throat and had postnasal drip but not any more. In terms of the main issue - BB - still waiting until I feel much better. What i noticed for now after night my mouth is full with thick saliva/phlegm because of irritation and the staff from crypts is "sloughing off". My doc is metropolitan area NY/NJ but want to think about giving his name to you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic