getting me down
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:44 pm
Hi all,
This is my first posting to this forum. Lately BB has been getting me really down - this is my story.
I'm 22. I first began to notice BB when I started college. People would hold their noses in the lecture theatre, move seats, girls would spray perfume. I sought no help however, and instead began to shower compulsively - thinking that it was BO. I would sometimes shower four or five times a day, and persisted with this about a year.
I went to see the doctor complaining that I had BO and he said that he couldn't smell anything and that I must be stressed. I then somehow managed to compartmentalize the issue and avoid it for some 2 years, as it seemed to improve dramatically beyond the winter months (probably allergy related).
In the last six months I endured a really stressful episode concerning the illness of a close family member. At this point I became acutely aware that the smell problem was a BB one and had indeed become much worse than previously reported. My mouth also developed a really bitter taste quickly after brushing/flossing. The BB problems caused the break up of 3 romances and has led me to near the brink of s*****e.
Most recently, I have had 3 really bad bouts of sinusitis and have been to my ENT specialist complaining of this and the BB. The ENT has been sympathetic and has diagnosed me as having a deviated septum.
The weird thing for me is that whenever I have a scale and polish at the dentist, the BB problems seem to recede massively - but just for 2/3 days. After which things return to normal i.e. loads of PND, lump in throat, sticky & clear mucuous building up on tongue, occasional tonsil stones, sinus headaches, dizziness/vertigo, sporadic blurred vision. Does anybody else experience this?
This is the one bugbear of my life but it is getting too much now. I am going to have septoplasty and may push for a tonsillectomy too, and also (having read the forum) ask the ENT for sinoplasty to remove fungus/bacteria damage. Does anybody else have experience the same?
Also, does the sinupulse elite thing work? I have just ordered one.
Thanks,
T
This is my first posting to this forum. Lately BB has been getting me really down - this is my story.
I'm 22. I first began to notice BB when I started college. People would hold their noses in the lecture theatre, move seats, girls would spray perfume. I sought no help however, and instead began to shower compulsively - thinking that it was BO. I would sometimes shower four or five times a day, and persisted with this about a year.
I went to see the doctor complaining that I had BO and he said that he couldn't smell anything and that I must be stressed. I then somehow managed to compartmentalize the issue and avoid it for some 2 years, as it seemed to improve dramatically beyond the winter months (probably allergy related).
In the last six months I endured a really stressful episode concerning the illness of a close family member. At this point I became acutely aware that the smell problem was a BB one and had indeed become much worse than previously reported. My mouth also developed a really bitter taste quickly after brushing/flossing. The BB problems caused the break up of 3 romances and has led me to near the brink of s*****e.
Most recently, I have had 3 really bad bouts of sinusitis and have been to my ENT specialist complaining of this and the BB. The ENT has been sympathetic and has diagnosed me as having a deviated septum.
The weird thing for me is that whenever I have a scale and polish at the dentist, the BB problems seem to recede massively - but just for 2/3 days. After which things return to normal i.e. loads of PND, lump in throat, sticky & clear mucuous building up on tongue, occasional tonsil stones, sinus headaches, dizziness/vertigo, sporadic blurred vision. Does anybody else experience this?
This is the one bugbear of my life but it is getting too much now. I am going to have septoplasty and may push for a tonsillectomy too, and also (having read the forum) ask the ENT for sinoplasty to remove fungus/bacteria damage. Does anybody else have experience the same?
Also, does the sinupulse elite thing work? I have just ordered one.
Thanks,
T