Ive tried it all, so far this seems to be the best!
Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:44 am
Me and my doctor are finding the cure, he said it is trial and error. Hopefully you can use what I wrote here to deduct possible cause of this bb. please write anything you have in common here.
Sometimes while im driving in my car, I will be breathing through my nose, and the fan car will blow a bad smell back at me. And it kinda comes in waves (its not constant). That is definitely a hint. It smells to me like a "dark" fart. But this isn't all the time. And it may relate to a thick coating in the back of the throat. Also, I dont usually get comments or signs about a bad smell in the room, its only when I talk, especially loudly or laugh from a deep place.
My bedroom on the other hand, will smell like this fart smell, and people comment on that too. but thats only when I spend alot of time in the room.
I notice that the "fart" smell that comes from my nose happens more often and alot more strongly after drinking alcohol. even a few days after. So this could suggest that has something to do with a bacteria overgrowth (which is usually fed by sugars). Perhaps our immune systems don't know how to deal with these specific strains of bacteria, resulting in a sustained overgrowth. (I think this may be the answer)
I am 22, thin, and have acne on the back, and no face acne but a lot of white crap coming out the sides of the nose and a bit of redness. I also seem to be celiac(get bad stomach pains/constipation from wheat), and having anything dairy plugs my nose n causes bloating. I have an appointment with a gastro ENT in march 09.
Now, I went on a completely sugar free diet. That means strictly eating nothing that can even be converted to a sugar in the body (even fruit). My diet was simply brown basmati rice, and chicken, or salmon, or eggs (no seasoning) (I read about the choline, but eggs don't seem to cause any problem for me) and cooked spinach or fresh salad with apple cider vinegar and olive oil(very simple). about a week in, there was no more smell coming from the nose, and taste in the mouth was improved, but I would still get bad taste and breath, which I think may be related to a dry mouth (which me and my doctor have not tried medication for yet). Also it may take longer. But it was a big improvement so long as I adhered completely to the diet.
Tried nasal sprays but they haven't helped. I've also seen an nasal ENT, he said fixing my deviated septum wont cure any bb.
As soon as I had some alcohol and a pepsi, the smell came back.
Its funny that everyone mentions amoxicillin, because I went to my doctor saying I wanted to try it for my bb simply because the only time I noticed I didn't have bb was when I was on it from getting my wisdom teeth removed. He said yes, if it works, then it could be an ulcer or H. Pylori. which when I got tested for did not show up... But he said it could still be there.
Tonight was probably one of the first nights I had that was actually sociable for a while. I have been keeping strict to the simple diet (and no alcohol which is very tough), this works wonders. and I didn't notice any bad reactions from people. even talking close (no covering of noses, turning away, comments, etc.) (even though I smelt/taste a bad smell in the back of my nasal passages/throat) as compared to 2 weeks ago when I had some alcohol, that night I simply said one thing and my friend said something smells like shit, and another person there covered his nose.
Also one time I was at a friends house and used a neti pot for the first time. when I came back out from the bathroom, he was sitting across the room and I was talking, and he said something smells straight up like poo. and another guy was sitting there, right beside me and he said he didn't smell anything. weird... but before that rinsing there was no comment. ???
The diet works very well, but is very difficult to stick too. Basically you need a rice cooker to keep the brown rice in, and frozen salmon patties(no sugars in the ingredients) for a quick fry in the freezer.
Does a flouride toothpaste cause dry mouth?
If so what can I use to prevent cavaties? I also need toothpaste for sensitivity too.
Sometimes while im driving in my car, I will be breathing through my nose, and the fan car will blow a bad smell back at me. And it kinda comes in waves (its not constant). That is definitely a hint. It smells to me like a "dark" fart. But this isn't all the time. And it may relate to a thick coating in the back of the throat. Also, I dont usually get comments or signs about a bad smell in the room, its only when I talk, especially loudly or laugh from a deep place.
My bedroom on the other hand, will smell like this fart smell, and people comment on that too. but thats only when I spend alot of time in the room.
I notice that the "fart" smell that comes from my nose happens more often and alot more strongly after drinking alcohol. even a few days after. So this could suggest that has something to do with a bacteria overgrowth (which is usually fed by sugars). Perhaps our immune systems don't know how to deal with these specific strains of bacteria, resulting in a sustained overgrowth. (I think this may be the answer)
I am 22, thin, and have acne on the back, and no face acne but a lot of white crap coming out the sides of the nose and a bit of redness. I also seem to be celiac(get bad stomach pains/constipation from wheat), and having anything dairy plugs my nose n causes bloating. I have an appointment with a gastro ENT in march 09.
Now, I went on a completely sugar free diet. That means strictly eating nothing that can even be converted to a sugar in the body (even fruit). My diet was simply brown basmati rice, and chicken, or salmon, or eggs (no seasoning) (I read about the choline, but eggs don't seem to cause any problem for me) and cooked spinach or fresh salad with apple cider vinegar and olive oil(very simple). about a week in, there was no more smell coming from the nose, and taste in the mouth was improved, but I would still get bad taste and breath, which I think may be related to a dry mouth (which me and my doctor have not tried medication for yet). Also it may take longer. But it was a big improvement so long as I adhered completely to the diet.
Tried nasal sprays but they haven't helped. I've also seen an nasal ENT, he said fixing my deviated septum wont cure any bb.
As soon as I had some alcohol and a pepsi, the smell came back.
Its funny that everyone mentions amoxicillin, because I went to my doctor saying I wanted to try it for my bb simply because the only time I noticed I didn't have bb was when I was on it from getting my wisdom teeth removed. He said yes, if it works, then it could be an ulcer or H. Pylori. which when I got tested for did not show up... But he said it could still be there.
Tonight was probably one of the first nights I had that was actually sociable for a while. I have been keeping strict to the simple diet (and no alcohol which is very tough), this works wonders. and I didn't notice any bad reactions from people. even talking close (no covering of noses, turning away, comments, etc.) (even though I smelt/taste a bad smell in the back of my nasal passages/throat) as compared to 2 weeks ago when I had some alcohol, that night I simply said one thing and my friend said something smells like shit, and another person there covered his nose.
Also one time I was at a friends house and used a neti pot for the first time. when I came back out from the bathroom, he was sitting across the room and I was talking, and he said something smells straight up like poo. and another guy was sitting there, right beside me and he said he didn't smell anything. weird... but before that rinsing there was no comment. ???
The diet works very well, but is very difficult to stick too. Basically you need a rice cooker to keep the brown rice in, and frozen salmon patties(no sugars in the ingredients) for a quick fry in the freezer.
Does a flouride toothpaste cause dry mouth?
If so what can I use to prevent cavaties? I also need toothpaste for sensitivity too.